M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a used Rifle Solo. I had a V-Stream on it and was hoping for more coverage when it gets cold. I ride as long as I can. The issue I've found is the amount of air coming around the tank and up under my helmet compared to the V-Stream.
There's enough air to lift my helmet off my head.

Anybody experience this? Where the lowers designed to fix this?

Any pointers on setting it up? I've tried it high and low. A bit better flow over the helmet with it low but still HUGE amounts of air around the tank.

Any help would be great. If I can't get this resolved, anybody need a rifle shield?

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have the same windshield. I have it mounted about one inch or less off the light bucket, at about the same angle as the forks. I have not had the wind problem you have. I love the thing.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I noticed the same thing with mine. The wind would roll of my legs and up my chest, and try to pull my glasses off my face!! The rifle lowers fixed the problem for me.

-Josh

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Play with the full range of height and angles.

Find the 'sweet spot' for you and you should be able to get rid of most of your wind problems.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many tries.

I've tried about 10 positions so far and they all change it a little bit but never get rid of the wind coming up my chest. It actually pushes my zipper forward like a spine on my jacket.

I'll have to try a set of lowers I'm thinkin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts