M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:dontknow:eek:k, riser extenders can give you a extra 1 -3 inches, (on your handlebars) now is that up or more back towards the rider. after my injury im gonna have to readjust how i ride, need to bring handle bars back a cpl inches will the extenders do that? or does it bring them more up?

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
The block will go at the angle of the stock risers. I never measured the projected angle in which they go. And if you are just thinking about getting new longer risers all together, there are differences. For example the Kewl Metal ones vs Rivco's risers.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
The "blocks" keep the same shape as the risers. Basically sit on your bike, and envision your handlebars closer to you by 2". If you go aftermarket risers, they will be different. The rivko's tend to be a little bit lower. The kewlmetal ones tend to arch up just a little more putting the bars a little higher and back about as much as the blocks. You might be best served posting in your local chapter to see who may have what so you can check them out in person to see if it will work for you.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm, ya doc says since the fractures, i should look in to bringing my bars back about 2 inches so i dont have to lean forward..:dontknow: and noone in my area has exntenders...might just have to do the old trial and error method

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Hey D... I just got a set of 2" extenders because I lean to far forward, 2" will have you sitting up more and leaning forward less.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts