M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been working my bike hard... 2k in 43 days. Did the break-in at 600... checked the oil today... looks like it was just changed.

Is anyone else working their bike all day long in the 90 degree heat...?

I don't like to race usually, but as I was leaving bike night the other night... 3 H-D's pulled out right in front of me. When I hit it... and stayed on it... it felt like it was going to stand up. When I let off, they were specks in the mirror.

Damn, I love this bike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,103 Posts
well I have had mine 3 weeks and have a little over 700 miles on it. just did the 600 mile service last week and as you said the oil came out then new looking. there was some filings on all the magnetic drain plugs including the rear diff but thats to be expected. I went a head and used Suzuki oil and filter just to keep receipts as proof of service, the are tucked away in the service manual. I did find out though when I added the 3rd quart of oil the oil had filled up to the top of the dipstick hole so I had to start it up with the 3 qts in it and get oil into the filter etc then added the 4th qt as I measured what came out to be. level has been spot on via the Suzuki method. I have punched mine fairly hard and since I also have a ZRX 1100 I ain't afraid too. The ZRX makes more hp (130 to the tire) but something about the way the M109R serves it up is fun. Don't have to find a lower gear most of the time just punch it! I have the JSD-3M mod and have drilled out the exhaust while waiting on a good 2-1 pipe. I think once a good pipe is out with that and a power commander and intake system it will be complete. I don't know where you are located but it has been closer to 100 degrees here and the bike has not had any problems even in some of the gridlock I travel in. Have fun and keep it rubber side down. :bigthumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Hitting 7,000 miles in the next two or three days...had the 109 since early March....already ridden it from Central Texas (near Corsicana) to San Diego...1,500 miles one way, then U-haul'ed it back....my butt was sore for a week, but it was a great ride through West Texas, southern New Mexico and southern Arizona. Interstate 8 has a couple of great 12-15 mile stretches of straight, brand new (for now) road surfaces for supersonic travel. Hit 135 mph in southern Arizona.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,102 Posts
Luckyone6000 said:
Hitting 7,000 miles in the next two or three days...had the 109 since early March....already ridden it from Central Texas (near Corsicana) to San Diego...1,500 miles one way, then U-haul'ed it back....my butt was sore for a week, but it was a great ride through West Texas, southern New Mexico and southern Arizona. Interstate 8 has a couple of great 12-15 mile stretches of straight, brand new (for now) road surfaces for supersonic travel. Hit 135 mph in southern Arizona.
sweet! hopefully the new gel seats will help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,015 Posts
Um...2k in 43 days is NOT riding a bike hard...by any measurement.

Heck I've done 2K in a couple weeks a few times.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
752 Posts
wildwolf said:
Um...2k in 43 days is NOT riding a bike hard...by any measurement.

Heck I've done 2K in a couple weeks a few times.
It's all relative brother.

I have ridden from Utah to Canada and down the PCH to Mexico in one trip (5,900 miles). My buddy is riding the entire length of the Pan-American highway this fall. Makes my trip look short but it was long to me.

Also he could have been traveling in 2nd gear, that would really be on it hard. :joke:

It's all relative.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
What da hell do you guys do that allow you to ride 5900 miles in one jaunt? Wish I could take that much time off... :bigthumbsup: :doorag: ::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
752 Posts
brbluetele said:
What da hell do you guys do that allow you to ride 5900 miles in one jaunt? Wish I could take that much time off... :bigthumbsup: :doorag: ::)
I get 5 weeks vacation a year and this year I recieved a 4 week sabatical on top of that to use whenever I need it.

However I am in sales and I am not selling while I am gone.

Now I re-read my post and see that I didn't explain that trip was on my XX not the 109.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wildwolf said:
Um...2k in 43 days is NOT riding a bike hard...by any measurement.

Heck I've done 2K in a couple weeks a few times.
Thanks for the correction wildwolf... I thought 2k on the hot city streets would be tough on the system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,015 Posts
jwebb said:
Thanks for the correction wildwolf... I thought 2k on the hot city streets would be tough on the system.
Thanks for the correction jwebb, I didn't see mention of city riding anywhere previously in your post. Just hot 90 degree weather. I ride my bike hard every time I ride it, and I ride it often, so I didn't see a problem with 2000 miles in 43 days, regardless the heat.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top