M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, with the new ride, I've got new gloves, new helmet, and now figure I need to get some decent boots (no need for a new jacket). I've always got away with standard work boots, but the old ones are about ready for the dog to chew up.

I'd like something that doesn't kill the feet when you get to a nice spot and go for a hike. There seems to be some good stuff on leatherup.com. Any insight would be appreciated!

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I have had severial diferant boots my favorits for years were a pair of HD boots I`ve had them resouled a few time and now the leather is just shot, but my new favorits are just a pair of western boots that lace up i found at a western store and no they do not look like cowboy boots:joke: I would just shop around and try on severial diferant kinds and stilles and find what works for ya that is my best advise I`ve warn boots for work and play for most of my life and I found that I needed to find boots that made me comfortable not someone elese JMHO

·
Registered
404 Posts

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,917 Posts
Redwing makes nice riding boots. I like mine because they have smooth soles, not hiking boot type lugs. I'm not sure if they still make that style, however. Still, nice quality boots. http://www.redwingshoes.com/motorcycle/

·
Registered
518 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I'm a big fan of AlpineStars 101's. I've got a pair and they're as comfy for walking around for the day as they are for riding.

I also saw that Shift has a couple of nice pairs of low riding boots that look good for walking around in.

I can't wear the ones that go all the way up the calf because they irritate me, but the 101's go above the ankle enough to provide protection as well as support without getting all bound up on my calves.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I wear Danner Arcadia's or my Georgiaboots. My Danners are about 5 years old and have been re-soled several times. Very comfortable IMO. I used to wear them for 12 hour shifts all the time and never had a complaint. They are expensive at first, but well worth it to me.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I have a pair of Icons but my favorite are some cheap insulated work boots from Walmart called Herman Survivors. Really comfortable and insulated boots and they breath better than some of the other boots I have. I like my icons, but the cheap Walmart boots work really well to, actualy wear them more. I think I paid 40 bucks for them.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I just picked up a pair of nice Skechers low top boots. Got them at Salvation army for $10. I'm gunna try to fabricate a skid plate for the outer heels, so I don't grind them off while I ride. I'd really like to mount some G-man titanium draggers on them so I couold shoot sparks everywhere!!

-Josh

·
Registered
198 Posts
The Icon Super duty 2, is a very comfortable boot (after breaking) It looks good and wears very well. I'm on my second pair and love them, I ordered mine a half size larger than my normal size and they fit perfectly.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Doc Martens

·
Registered
34 Posts
Durango Rebel western boots. Most comfortable boots I have ever owned. Slip on super easy, and I can wear them all day doing whatever. I have walked all day in them and they still felt great. Wear size 12 and have never had a problem with the shifter or brake.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,137 Posts
I have a pair of the Herman Survivors mentioned above, they work great for colder weather. I also have a pair of Milwaukee Trooper boots, easy on and off but the toes are soft and that keeps the shifting from being precise.

Best pair I have as far as working well on the bike are a pair of steel toed high top sneakers I bought at Walmart. They probably won't last long, but they are cheap. And the steel toe makes the bike shift better than anything I've done to it.

So for me, get the boot you like but make sure it has a stiff toe on the shifter side. You'll appreciate what it does for the shifting.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.