M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know if I'm the only one that actually prefers to ride at night? I replaced the stock bulb with the PIAA bulb from "Direct Line" and it really makes a big difference.

I love riding the 109 at night on country roads. The bike sounds better to me and I'm more focused. I think I actually ride better.

I was wondering if anyone else feels the same way.

Had a great ride the other night. Rode my 109 to a gun shop. It doesn't get much better than that. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
770 Posts
I love to ride at night gotta get me one of those bulbs. I feel more focused and traffic here close to Chicago is not that bad at night so I'm w/ya when it comes to night riding. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
665 Posts
Mostly in town riding. The deer take over the roads here at night.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Well here in Florida it sure is nice and cool at night.

Less traffic, so I can ride at a nice liesurely pace.

Hate those Fla bugs at night though.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Night rides are the best in my opinion also. I purchased the silverstar bulb and it is dramatically brighter than stock :D BIGD

·
Registered
702 Posts
The colder temps tend to keep me focused. I love night riding.

Less traffic means better lines in the long sweepers :doorag:

·
Registered
476 Posts
To many deer, armadillo,possums racoons and feral pigs and of course drunks on the way home around here to ride much at night, they could really ruin your ride big time. :doorag:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Early AM is even better. Still cool from overnight, better visibility and still light traffic.
Set your alarm like you are going fishing and take a ride. Cant be beat!

Sledzep

·
Registered
448 Posts
I also replaced the stock bulb with a silverstar bulb, makes a big difference.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I do about 70% of my riding at night :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I like to ride through town at night when the traffic is gone, but in terms of back roads and country roads way too many deer and critters...

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
depends on the weather. right now i love riding at night here in georgia. come winter, it'll be a different story :p.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I really like the night rides, especially when there are no other vehicles around. It is very serene. Only problem here is it's hard to relax for having to watch for the deer and the possums!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I replaced my bulb with the silverstar as well...makes a difference....I like rolling to the ocean front and on the interstate at night.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I love night riding. It give me a feeling of solitude that you don't get in the day with all the traffic and distractions. It's like being in your own little world.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
yea i was thinking of getting one of the bulbs also but yea i like riding at night than i can show off my lights :D but yea night riding is nice due to lets cars out there at night jmo

·
Registered
401 Posts
I agree it is very peaceful, if your worried about deer there are those silent horns you can get, not a clue on where to mount them. I will have to try one of the new bulbs. I like going through the city and the back roads, got me thinking about going to get them horns now, deer and man collide, deer wins :eek:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts