M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday was an early day for me, got out of class (navy 'c' school) around noon so i decided to go get my state inspection done. I thought a nice thick long sleeve shirt and a zip up sweater n jeans would be good to ride in this weather.... WRONG the ride out to the inspection place was decent not too cold but still cold. It was the trip back that was horrible. It took 30 minutes total to get my bike back on the road during that time it felt as though the temperature dropped 10 degrees. I toughed it out and made it home, 20minute ride felt like an hour. Good news is when a warm day hits i can go take her out for a spin :drool:

·
Registered
860 Posts
Being under dressed in cold weather is a specialty of mine. I'm really good at it. Now I know I'm not the only one.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,870 Posts
My wife and I went on a 40 mile ride last weekend. We try and get a ride in every month of the year and last weekend looked better than this one. I thought it was around freezing when we left, but a thermometer I have on my bike never got above 28 degrees. The only thing that got very cold on me was my neck, but my wife actually got small spots of frostbite on top of two of her fingers. Her bike has a windshield but it didn't do much for her hands.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i still cant seem to get used to how many people actually slow down just to admire the 9, that made me warm and fuzz inside lmao

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks i cant wait for it to get warmer then starts meeting up with new people. As for now... time for work.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
You passed me one day. Can't remember when, where or what I was driving but I remember purple and that exhaust. Can't be many of that combo running around here:doorag:

·
Registered
315 Posts
I haven't been farther than about 10 miles since Dec on my bike...and that was probably divided up into several trips...it's f-n cold out there.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i thought about taking her out yesterday but was exhausted... passed out around 2 then had to get up and go to the store, didnt even eat dinner just cam home watched a movie and went back to bed. Good news is i have a weekend project, my chin spoiler came in so i get to have a go at putting it on

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Glad you were able to get her out for a ride! My first 9 was the Burple LE ! I really miss the ol gal, i still luv that color! I have got three rides in this month and it was cold but i knew better and dressed for it! Come on Spring!

·
Registered
642 Posts
I left the house last Sat at 0730 it was 21F with a 12F windchill but my heated Gerbings did the trick. The windshield helped out also. Had a nice ride to Ashland from Midlo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts