M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did some of you have pic of M109R on the back of a Honda Ridgeline ? Does it fit or is it too risky ? :-\

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
I can't see how it could fit w/o some type of extension. The Ridgeline bed is short.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
bed of my chevy is 6.5 foot I think and it doesnt fit in there unless the tailgate is down, and im not trusting the rear tire on the tailgate.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I drove all the way to Vegas from WA with my 9 in my shortbed Silverado. No prob at all,,, 1300 miles

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
I drove all the way to Vegas from WA with my 9 in my shortbed Silverado. No prob at all,,, 1300 miles
Was your rear tire on the tailgate ?? If so did you you brace it at all,or was it strong enough ?

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Was your rear tire on the tailgate ?? If so did you you brace it at all,or was it strong enough ?
Back tire was half in, half out, and i didn't brace tailgate at all. NOW when it fell on the tailgate putting it back in, in Vegas, the 750 lbs hitting the tailgate, That did bend the hinges LOL Didn't know that till I got home unloaded and went to shut the tailgate. It didn't want to close very easy. Took it off and straighten the cups and works again.

·
Registered
877 Posts
i have a ridgeline biggest bike had in was wifes sv650s...i think the trunk maxes out @300lbs,u gotta figure that the weight on rear tire in 1 spot...trailer it

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Put a hitch on the ridgeline and get a small trailer and save the bed to carry all your gear???:dontknow:
Hey Stranger!! zupppppppp and yes, A small trailer is where it is at, No more back of truck.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Get an 8' long 2x12.

You have a ramp and once you are up, put it under both tires so it carries the weight and keeps the weight off the tailgate.

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
Get an 8' long 2x12.

You have a ramp and once you are up, put it under both tires so it carries the weight and keeps the weight off the tailgate.
I would think it would still be to much stress on the hinges/cables for the tail gate as stated below.

Back tire was half in, half out, and i didn't brace tailgate at all. NOW when it fell on the tailgate putting it back in, in Vegas, the 750 lbs hitting the tailgate, That did bend the hinges LOL Didn't know that till I got home unloaded and went to shut the tailgate. It didn't want to close very easy. Took it off and straighten the cups and works again.
Get a trailer or just ride it to your destination.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Get an 8' long 2x12.

I would think it would still be to much stress on the hinges/cables for the tail gate as stated below.
The board takes all of the stress off the tail gate. In fact, you can remove the tail gate altogether and just have the rear wheel out on the board. That is tough to do with one board as ramp and support, but I have done this with 2 bikes in one truck when in a pinch.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
Dude, a ridgelines bed is only 5 feet long... the bike is 8 feet long... its 6 feet 5 inches long with the tailgate down... so thats just over a foot and half thats sitting on a 2x12.... NOT MY BIKE! AND now you wanna take the tailgate off.... NO FRICKEN WAY BRO! Think about it, how are you gonna keep that back end from bouncing when you hit bumps.... NOWAY!! And of course thats JMHO...

Cargo Bed Length (in, tailgate up/down) 60.0 / 79.0

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Dude, a ridgelines bed is only 5 feet long... the bike is 8 feet long... its 6 feet 5 inches long with the tailgate down... so thats just over a foot and half thats sitting on a 2x12.... NOT MY BIKE! AND now you wanna take the tailgate off.... NO FRICKEN WAY BRO! Think about it, how are you gonna keep that back end from bouncing when you hit bumps.... NOWAY!! And of course thats JMHO...

Cargo Bed Length (in, tailgate up/down) 60.0 / 79.0
Had not realized the bed was that short in the Ridgeline.

The bike may be 8" long, but you only need to get to the contact patch on the rear tire, so that saves you about 12"ish.

From a 6' bed, that only leaves you out there a foot, which the 2x12 is strong enough to do.

From a 5' bed, 2' could be pushing it a little.;)

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
plus not for nothing thyer not heavy duty trucks. theyr nice and great at what they do but hauling a motorcycle isnt it.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Sportrac

I hauled my GS1000 in My Ford Sportrac, but, I put 3/4 plywood on bed, to spread weight. I backed it in to keep as much weight off tailgate as possible. Bike is 500lbs, and we hauled it 400 miles. I would not trust it without the plywood in back.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts