M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just playing around with the camera and thought I would post it for the heck of it. Need to put some foam on the mic and the angle of the camera needs to come up. But I have a habit of leaning forward when above 70mph to try to make myself more aerodynamic, Yeah right. Glad I didn't see these guys :cop: :D

·
Registered
443 Posts
Re: Ride Video

Instead of foam, try a strip of black electrical over the mike. I did during a ride and it completely kills the wind noise, but allows the sound of the bike and voices to come through clearly.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Well I have take two and three uploading now. Took a foam cover off a mic and taped it over the mic and changed the postion of the camera, I'll try just tape next time thx. Take 2 is better with the view, but I did hit 110 with take 3 :D 150mph Gotta get me a windshield for that one and maybe at night. I ran out of room to top it out, there is alot of traffic out today. I need to live through it to post it :D Thought about maybe doing one more tonight ?

Heres Take 2

At the end of take 2 and 3 does everyone else have that whine ? I guess its the rice coming out in her alittle :D

I am going to have to find a place to top it out, I want to be safe about it. Wasn't exactly safe today but oh well.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Well as I said and you can see the road wasn't exactly clear. Also I got about 1600mi on the bike and that is the extent of my riding experience. So with the wind and the unknown, get off my ass :D

·
Registered
315 Posts

I can't watch it either...

I get the following message:
This is a private video. If you have been sent this video, please make sure you accept the sender's friend request.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Sorry, thought it would allow a direct link. Had a thought about a guy that video taped himself going very fast in a Ferrari and he posted it on-line and the cops after some time took him to court for reckless driving and of course the guy lost, they had the tape as proof. I just stripped off the location tags, its public again.

·
Registered
210 Posts

Cool video. That's what it looks like. Makes me want to leave work and go ride.

My bike sounds the same as yours.

·
Registered
629 Posts

:bigthumbsup: Cool vids dude. 8) Not that I'm complaining but it would really be cool to have a couple of vids of take offs and other rides with the mike better protected against the wind. :D Don't have a bike myself :( at the time and this is the closest to having a ride in a real long time ;) .Thanks! :clap2:

And for the rest who think the guy really should ride over his ability, LAY OFF!! :realmad:
Wöe don't want anybody getting killed because to many people getting on his case. ::)

OH ya JR, when you gona make a video I'm sure that would be a real treat for a lot of us. :bigthumbsup:
Not a rag on you, I really mean it .

Thanks again

Animal

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Thanks animal and your welcome :bigthumbsup: That was one of the reasons I wanted to post it, to let guys who haven't got one to see what its like. If your meaning a launch for take off I guess I will have to leave that to some of the more experienced guys here, I haven't done one yet. I'm just trying to have fun and keep the bike up rightand get a better feel of the bike.

In time I will do the launches and top the bike out, but I don't want to be one of the guys that say He Ya Watch This and screw up. One thing I thought of is yes of course we could get killed any day riding and that is a chance we are willing to take but to indanger someone else that I am not. I don't plan on riding double for some time to come and think of this 709lbs traveling @150mi = if you hit someone the possible of causing a fatality in the vehicle you hit would be rather high, depending on where you hit at. But you'd be dead out right I would imagine

Sorry didn't mean to get morbid.

Lamontster I guess this is were this belongs :D, been posting from get go on tech, I have forgotten about over here

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Jr your post was fine man, it wasn't your post that got me hot under the collar, but its all good :D Yeah I am going to wait until I feel comfortable about topping it out. The thing about is though when ever I do top it out for the first time, I probably won't have the camera on my chest :D Oh Well

·
Registered
277 Posts

Great vids Bearcom!! Now I'll be setting at my desk the rest of the day wishing I was out riding!!! LOL!!!  :bigthumbsup:

:joke: Sooooooooo, were the sirens at the end of vid 2 for YOU by any chance???  :joke:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Thanks, Na the sirens was a fire truck at the hotel cross the street :D, I passed it on the interstate, it was on the right. Take 2 has the best sound and angle I think. Does anyone know how I can loop the video on my avatar ?

·
Registered
443 Posts

Try the tape only trick. It will completely knock out the wind. Sound waves from your bike will still make it through. It almost sounds like you're sitting still.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

I will thx, going to the beach today or tomorrow and will try it then.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts