M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be picking up my new silver 109 in two weeks. Based on several circumstances I will be buying from a dealer 500 miles away from home. Now my dilemma is do I drive down and bring it back on a trailer or do I fly down and ride the bike back the 500 miles? This is a 9 hour drive as I have driven it about 25 times.

I would be going through alot of desolate areas, i.e. no services and most areas no phone service and I don't want to be broke down on the side of the road. I will be doing a ride with some friends before heading back home probably 100-150 miles. I know all the standard problems this bike has (oil overfill, coolent leak between cylinders, tire mounting etc.) I have been riding road bikes since I was 14 years old (Honda 400, Yamaha 750, Yamaha fj1200) so I am an experienced rider. I won't have an option to change my mind once I get there.

So based on your experience would you have any concerns riding a brand new bike through the boonies for 500 miles.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I dont think you can break it in correctly and still make time over the road.
Trailer it back and then drive it like you stole it and it will be broken in.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Opinions are like arseholes everyone has one....Only you know whats right for you... me...it would be on a trailer.... but i don't do 9 hour rides period... Good luck whichever way you decide  :bigthumbsup:

khrome

·
Registered
181 Posts
Just my $.02 - I would trailer the bike back.  Just my opinion, but I wouldn't let the ride back on the highway be the break in ride.

But, as someone else posted - opinions vary widely so do what you think is best for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts