M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well since us guys from Alabama, Mississippi and Georgia don't have an area we can post local ride ins to I decided to post it here. Me and Dale (walker_mufc) have been PMing each other about meeting up for a ride in for owners in the Ala, Miss, GA and FL Panhandle. So if you want to meet other 109 owners like us....the ride in will be this Saturday 09/23/06 to a little town in South Alabama called Stockton. We'll be meeting around noon (CST) at the StageCoach Cafe in Stockton for lunch. The Cafe is a very biker friendly place as each year the Long Distance riders have a huge ride in there in December. Anyway, the food is pretty good and it is centrally located so that folks from Ala, Miss and the Fl Panhandle will be riding about the same mileage. Here is a map link for the Cafe: http://www.google.com/maps?hl=en&lr...9,+USA&sa=X&oi=local&ct=directions-to&iwloc=A

If the link doesn't show up in my post just do a Google search for the StageCoach Cafe in Stockton, AL.

Hope to see some of you other local 109 owners at this ride in on Saturday. Ride safe. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
walker_mufc said:
it's cool for non 109 riders to come too. anyone that feels like making the ride is welcome.
Yeah..what he said. :D

·
Registered
398 Posts
Man ..i hate this...... i have to work this weekend ...i would have loved to be able to make it there since its close enough from Crestview but ill be stuck in B-ham all this weekend. Any chance we can get another get together like this one at a later date ?.

i still havent met any other 109 riders in person yet and im really looking forward to ..... so we can share thoughts and stories. Hopefully we can get together again soon.

Anyways thanks for the invite walker_mufc.

Dan

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
...all you beach dwelling folks need to provide us landlocked folks a cheap place to stay. We all get to ride..and the Mrs. get to enjoy the beach.

·
Registered
775 Posts
wildwolf, that's a big part of the ride-ins. meet up and get to know each other. online, we're all strangers. i have friends that come down to see the beach that stay at my house with my family and vice versa. meet ups like this is a starting point for friendships like that. put faces to the names, go from there. we'll never know each other as more than screen names on the internet untill we meet face to face. come on in for the lunch, from there gulf shores is just an hour south. want the beach?; we'll head down from there.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Can't...I'm almost restricted to car. :verymad:

Got a clutch kit, springs, and gasket on order to replace my clutch, as well as a new front tire. Went for "cheaper" online store with longer wait time. New stuff won't be in until end of next week.

Clutch is slipping pretty bad now, just about to roll over 34000 miles on the original clutch, so I guess it's about time. Front tire is in serious need of replacement....it's still 'road worthy' a bit, but I wouldn't want to make a 10+ hour trip on it.

...but if there's another gathering planned after I get the repairs made, I'm all for it.

Oh...and I'm just jesting about staying with anybody...if I bring the Mrs. along....she'll have the pooch (in a pic here somewhere) along as well.

G

·
Dang - if I wasn't going to Hal's BBQ in Hendersonville, I'd be there.

Please post again whenever you decide on another ride-in.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Any females going...??? I have thoughts of meeting up with NateHop04 and heading that way. :D

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bayqh_filly said:
Any females going...??? I have thoughts of meeting up with NateHop04 and heading that way. :D
My wife may be riding down with me on her bike (she has a Kaw Mean Streak)...she is taking college classes at night trying to finish up her degree so it will all depend on how much class work she has to do over the weekend. But even if she can't go...come on down and join us. I'm looking forward to meeting some fellow 109 riders and other Forum members. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Any one here planning on going to biketober fest at Daytona ?....I'm looking for fellow riders to make a group and head down to daytona for two or 3 days ,which ever works best for everyone wanting to go. Please let me know if interested ok.

Thanks.
Dan

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Seabee68 said:
Any one here planning on going to biketober fest at Daytona ?....I'm looking for fellow riders to make a group and head down to daytona for two or 3 days ,which ever works best for everyone wanting to go. Please let me know if interested ok.

Thanks.
Dan
Dan, we (me, my wife, and several other local riders from Montgomery) use to go to Biketoberfest every year...that is up until a couple of years ago when they started to freakin' rape folks on hotel cost and the local Po Po statred stepping up handing out tickets for any little thing...had a friend who got a ticket on Main St. for no eye protection...he had a freakin' FF helmet on but it was so hot he had the faceshield up to get some air...cop steps off the side walk and slaps him with the ticket. So we kind of got the feeling that the Daytona citizens really didn't need or want our business/money so we stopped going. I hear everything is moving out from Daytona towards the Iron Horse...if so it may be time for us to make a trip back down there and check it out again.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Waltert, let me know if you decide to go to daytona ok.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts