M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to hook up with a couple of M109's to go for a ride this Sunday.  Any takers?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Re: Ridding this Sunday in Maryland

Where in Maryland. I am just over the PA line up rt 83. I gotta work Sunday, but it would be nice to meet some other 109r's in the area.

·
Registered
291 Posts

Don't know if it's too late but my ride plans for tomorrow kind of fell apart a few minutes ago. I am in. Where and when?

·
Registered
291 Posts

On a somewhat related topic, I just heard about a 5-motorcycle accident over your way ryno - like near Rt 5 and the Beltway or something? It must have just happened recently as they had no other details other then the road is closed or blocked because of the "accident clean up"

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I'm more by Annapolis, Md. I did not here about the wreck. I'm pretty much game to ride in the afternoon(after 12), I'll check the board in a couple of hours. Hope you guys are doing some riding this weekend! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
291 Posts

Ryno,

I have a meeting at 1130 and could be over your way probably around 1230 or 1300. What did you have in mind for a meeting spot and ride?

I had wanted to go by the Woodbridge Hooters around noon. When I was there before noon today picking up a takeout order, there were a bunch of HD guys there from the NoVA Chapter and I had wanted to go back with my bike this time and talk to them.

·
Registered
346 Posts

I am around 30 mins north. I actually work out of BWI so I am close, however I am going out of town on Sunday. We should set up a ride though for another day. Are you usually off on weekends Ryno?

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

dilbertian said:
Here is a link to a WTOP.com story on the motorcycle crash. Still no details, but as the local DC news outlets love to report bad news, if someone had died they would surely be jumping all over it I would think.

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=25&sid=783705
Always seem to happen in the beginning of the riding season. You just have to be really carfull.

·
Registered
302 Posts

Hello to all. My first post........as is fitting seeing as this is my first day as an official 109 owner! Woo hoo!!!!! Man, what a bike. Bought it at Pete's Cycles in Severna Park and rode home to Calvert County........soooo many heads turned. I swear I had a big sh** eating grin the entire way home........still do. Would love to catch up with some fellow MD 109 riders. Unfortunately I can't this weekend, but will be in touch.

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Congratulations on the bike. Did you buy the black one on the floor, by the front door? Looking forward to getting a nice pack together ridding. :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

pizzmor said:
Where in Maryland. I am just over the PA line up rt 83. I gotta work Sunday, but it would be nice to meet some other 109r's in the area.
I'm about 40-45 minutes south of Towson.

·
Registered
107 Posts

NastyBoy said:
Hello to all. My first post........as is fitting seeing as this is my first day as an official 109 owner!  Woo hoo!!!!! Man, what a bike. Bought it at Pete's Cycles in Severna Park and rode home to Calvert County........soooo many heads turned. I swear I had a big sh** eating grin the entire way home........still do. Would love to catch up with some fellow MD 109 riders. Unfortunately I can't this weekend, but will be in touch.
So your the one who took it home. I went there today looking for it and it wasnt in the showroom. They say they have a blue and a silver in the box still. I would like to see it in person some time I am in Saint Leonard. Want to hear it and all.

·
Registered
152 Posts

rynosback said:
I was trying to hook up with a couple of M109's to go for a ride this Sunday. Any takers?
Hey Ryan sorry I missed this post in time to hook up, I was in Oklahoma on business didn't get back to late Sat. Centermass called and we went for a nice long ride with a mixed group ( 2-M109's, 2-GSXR's, 1-TLR1000, 2-Harleys) it rained on us at the end of the day.

·
Registered
302 Posts

rynosback said:
I'm about 40-45 minutes south of Towson.
Guilty as charged. Couldn't help myself. I called around beginning Monday of last week to no less than 5 dealerships, all were sold out......called Pete's, they had 2 on the floor, both black.......was there in an hour and put a deposit on it. Picked it up on Saturday.

Sorry if I stole yours!

·
Registered
302 Posts

rangemaster84 said:
Hey Ryan sorry I missed this post in time to hook up, I was in Oklahoma on business didn't get back to late Sat. Centermass called and we went for a nice long ride with a mixed group ( 2-M109's, 2-GSXR's, 1-TLR1000, 2-Harleys) it rained on us at the end of the day.
I live in St. Leonard also!

Anytime you want to see it.......let me know. Any opportunity I have to show her off........I'll take!

·
Registered
302 Posts

forceofnature said:
So your the one who took it home. I went there today looking for it and it wasnt in the showroom. They say they have a blue and a silver in the box still. I would like to see it in person some time I am in Saint Leonard. Want to hear it and all.
Haven't seen one in any color other than black......but would love to see the others.

I can't imagine either the silver or blue (deep purple?) looking as good as the black........but of course that's a matter of personal taste. If it were pink it would still be an awesome looking bike. (okay, so that was a stretch, but you get the point)

·
Registered
302 Posts

forceofnature said:
I live in St. Leonard also!

Anytime you want to see it.......let me know. Any opportunity I have to show her off........I'll take!

Sounds nice and throaty........although not like a HD. I was pleansantly surprised with the stock pipe tenor.

As a sidenote..........sorry about quoting the wrong folks.........gotta get used to hitting the quote button on the correct post.

I'm showing just how new I am to the board..........what a rookie!

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

OK, I see we have 8 M109R's somewhat close.

1. Me, rynosback......Severna Park...
2. forceofnature.....St Leonard.........
3. Nastyboy.....St leonard.......
4. Centermass....Potomac.....
5. Silverm109md....Columbia......
6. rangemaster...Silver Spring.....
7. Z109r.....Conowingo.....
8. dilbertian....Lake Ridge, Va......

Plus the people that have not found this site. Seems that we should be able to find some type of middle ground. I spoke to dibertian and he was game to to western/ northern Md. If you guys know some nice roads, speak up so we can plan on ridding them. I was going to post the few names that I know, but I will leave that up to you.
:beer3:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts