M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Friends,

Do you know if there´s any kit to put reverse gear on our bikes?
In Europe we don´t have any but probably in USA you might have anything.

Best regards,
Ratola

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I have never heard of a kit to do it, but following the goldwing model of running the starter backwards on electric power is quite doable.

It would be a good deal of custom work and if you can not do it yourself, it wold likely be rather costly.

Just lower it so you can get better leg movement and watch where you park.

·
Registered
461 Posts
The only gear for reverse that I know about is my two appendages attached at the hip, and lots of wheaties.:joke:

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Welcome to the site Ratola...

I have not heard of any options. I think post 2 is going to be the closest answer. Not sure I would trust reverse on the gear box anyway. :-\

·
Registered
766 Posts
I have never heard of a kit to do it, but following the goldwing model of running the starter backwards on electric power is quite doable.

It would be a good deal of custom work and if you can not do it yourself, it wold likely be rather costly.

Just lower it so you can get better leg movement and watch where you park.
:agree:just watch where you park.....

·
Registered
358 Posts
Always park pointing uphill and always back in...

:bigthumbsup:

(yea, I know, Motorcycle 101)

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I'm actually starting to convert mine to Bio-Diesel, it's the biggest rage in this new country that I've living in (Australia).

My biggest concern is the amount of pressure that Bio-Diesel requires within the cylinder in order to create a viable compression ratio and spark. This will require some major engineering from my main man Eldo (pronounced EL-DO). Eldo's arms are prosthetic so sometimes it takes him a while to get things done. This was due to an accident he had recently when trying to convert his Vespa from gasoline to Bio-Diesel. He's assured me that he has the kinks worked out now.

I'm hoping to have the bike converted sometime within the next few months, I believe that it will be a viable alternative to the regular gasoline engine bikes. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
55 Posts
:a20: sorry to hear about eldo's arms. good luck on the conversion.

I'm actually starting to convert mine to Bio-Diesel, it's the biggest rage in this new country that I've living in (Australia).

My biggest concern is the amount of pressure that Bio-Diesel requires within the cylinder in order to create a viable compression ratio and spark. This will require some major engineering from my main man Eldo (pronounced EL-DO). Eldo's arms are prosthetic so sometimes it takes him a while to get things done. This was due to an accident he had recently when trying to convert his Vespa from gasoline to Bio-Diesel. He's assured me that he has the kinks worked out now.

I'm hoping to have the bike converted sometime within the next few months, I believe that it will be a viable alternative to the regular gasoline engine bikes. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
358 Posts

Watch out man. The Vespa didn't turn out so good and your M109R engine is between your legs mate... :eek:

G

·
I've seen his work at his shop when I took a trip out that way....he has some awesome builds...(visited prior to accident)...good luck with the build....sounds like you're doing good for mother earth :congrats:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts