M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
M109r LE Bluey.
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Recently bought my '9' here in France. I had an identical bike until 2012 but had a change of lifestyle and returned to the GSXR1000 for a while... now I have returned to the 'fold'.
Here in Europe the bike is called an Intruder, not a Boulevard and an M1800r because it is a known as a 'metric cruiser' and 1800cc , but its still '109 cubes' to me!
Hope to get to know you all.
Will.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Greetings Will and welcome to the board. Some refer to the M109R as a "Nine".
Mike, Rineyville, Kentucky.

·
Registered
M109r LE Bluey.
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Greetings Will and welcome to the board. Some refer to the M109R as a "Nine".
Mike, Rineyville, Kentucky.
Hi Mike. Yes, there are a few imported 'Nine's' in the UK but not in France.
"A rose by any other name is still a rose"
Nice to meet you!

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,770 Posts
Welcome back!
I see you've been here since 2010. Congratulations on your new M109R, in France! I expect that you will not be able to modify it as much over there, due to noise and pollution regulations, but you can still have fun with all the aesthetic mods.
Cheers!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi Pete,
biker do find a way to do there customizing in Europe as well. I have seen many nice M1800R in France, Germany, Belgium the Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, Spain, Italy, Dänemark, Sweden, Norway and other countrys in Europe. Some of those countrys have verry strickt regulations ..... (y)

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,877 Posts
Welcome back 🙋‍♂️
And glad you're back on a 9 again! (y)(y)

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,770 Posts
Hi Pete,
biker do find a way to do there customizing in Europe as well. I have seen many nice M1800R in France, Germany, Belgium the Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, Spain, Italy, Dänemark, Sweden, Norway and other countrys in Europe. Some of those countrys have verry strickt regulations ..... (y)
Yes, I have seen some very nice looking exhaust and other parts from a company in Germany.
Enjoy your new bike, and remember to post some photographs!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yes, I have seen some very nice looking exhaust and other parts from a company in Germany.
Enjoy your new bike, and remember to post some photographs!
Hi Pete,
it is not me that started this posting. It was billybiker1966 with this new m109r. I can Show you a pucture from my Bike but you can also find some in other postings.

Attachments

·
Registered
M109r LE Bluey.
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bonjour billybiker1966,
welcome to the Forum and good times with your M1800R.

Thanks pal.
Welcome back!
I see you've been here since 2010. Congratulations on your new M109R, in France! I expect that you will not be able to modify it as much over there, due to noise and pollution regulations, but you can still have fun with all the aesthetic mods.
Cheers!
Hi Pete. Yes, some 10 years ago I was very active with the Suzuki Intruder UK club in the UK, but they weren't so interested in doing anything that wasn't local. They wouldn't even send a delegation to the European meet in Spain, at the time, so I left the club and eventually went back to a GSXR. Now I'm in France, I have another 'Nine' and hope to get involved here. Btw, there is not a problem with modding if you have a registration there are no more inspections to go through so so long as you don't make too much noise when passing a Gendarme (ba
Hi Pete,
(y);)
Welcome back 🙋‍♂️
And glad you're back on a 9 again! (y)(y)
Me too, Zoom.
Took me 3 seconds to get back into the groove of the '9'. Dug out my old TRE and fitted that yesterday. now looking for my old Factory-Pro Starshifter.... I know I have it still... somewhere.
ck off the volume control), then no worries. 😁

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Pete,
it is not me that started this posting. It was billybiker1966 with this new m109r. I can Show you a pucture from my Bike but you can also find some in other postings.
I really like that red pinstripe you added to the engine covers!! And that headlight is cool too, where did you get that?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts