M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to drill out the center baffles with a 1 1/4 hole saw and realized that getting the cut outs from it after it was drilled out is almost or is impossible. But thank god I drilled out the first baffle and then waited to see how I liked it to drill out the second. To the point, I just drilled out the second and was able to get both cut outs out. I took two magnets and put them on opposite sides  of the hole saw on the inside. I slid them in with my finger and made them flush with the teeth on the saw. Just wanted to pass on the info for anyone that haven't drilled theirs out yet. If anyone knows how to get the two cut pieces out after the fact, I would love to know.

I took apart the magnet key holder that goes under bumpers and used the magnets from that. There are plastic pin in each magnet just take a flat head and pry it out from between the base and the outer piece. It comes out easy and you can put it back together, it won't destroy the key holder.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Great idea! I've been thinking about this mod , and thats a great way to keep those from bouncing around in the pipes. I have drilled out the end caps, but was on the fence about the baffles...

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
...use a really long center bit (about two inches longer and that way the slug stays on it)and let the drill stop completely befor extracting the bit...
:bigthumbsup:
:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats good, but I tell you I had to pry the cut out off the saw, seems pretty full proof. But either which way you are comfortable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts