M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my hoses tightened up after my 2nd coolant leak and I noticed yesterday that the aircleaner hose (joint tube) on the left side of the bike was not connected to the air cleaner housing and that the clamp connecting the 2 was just not tightened. I loosened off the bolts securing the cleaner to give me some extra room to tighten up the band clamp and out drops this spacer. It looks like a spacer or a collar.
I know this question is probably stupid for most but I cannot figure out where this thing goes. :redfaced:
Any help would be appreciated...thanks.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Supernova said:
I had my hoses tightened up after my 2nd coolant leak and I noticed yesterday that the aircleaner hose (joint tube) on the left side of the bike was not connected to the air cleaner housing and that the clamp connecting the 2 was just not tightened. I loosened off the bolts securing the cleaner to give me some extra room to tighten up the band clamp and out drops this spacer. It looks like a spacer or a collar.
I know this question is probably stupid for most but I cannot figure out where this thing goes. :redfaced:
Any help would be appreciated...thanks.
spacer goes between the airbox and the cyl at the lower bolt location (long bolt).... the larger dia. goes against the airbox...mjm

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
aceventura said:
spacer goes between the airbox and the cyl at the lower bolt location (long bolt).... the larger dia. goes against the airbox...mjm
Wow old post but darn if the samething didn't happen to me, that where I put the but may have put the large end of the spacer against the head.. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts