M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All. I have polished wheels. They look good but I was wondering what the process is to renew that shine? It will be a long winter and I need stuff to do!:D

·
Registered
159 Posts
it shouldn't take too much effort to repolish them. The hard work is already done. If you don't have the tools to polish them, let me know. I will send you a parts list and what not for the tools that I engineered to polish mine. The polishing only takes about an hour per wheel. The hard part is getting them ready to polish. Yours shouldn't be too difficult providing you don't have any deep scratches.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
it shouldn't take too much effort to repolish them. The hard work is already done. If you don't have the tools to polish them, let me know. I will send you a parts list and what not for the tools that I engineered to polish mine. The polishing only takes about an hour per wheel. The hard part is getting them ready to polish. Yours shouldn't be too difficult providing you don't have any deep scratches.
I have no clue, as I know nothing about polishing. However, when I had my camaro, I had Boyd Coddington polished rims. I just took bothers and worked the crap out of them and they turned out new. WOuld that work?

·
Registered
159 Posts
yeah an option is to get the Mothers billet polish and one of the power wheels for a drill and give her a shot. Much easier than taking the wheels off and then the tires off the rim and sanding and polishing.............

mine took about 40 hours and 6 cases of beer to complete.......

·
Registered
159 Posts
oh yeah and I kept asking my wife "whos brilliant idea was this......" she had no problem reminding me who's it was either.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the offer Dave. Heck yes, a parts list would be perfect for my situation here. I have talent, and no knowledge!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
51 Posts
HI All. I have polished wheels. They look good but I was wondering what the process is to renew that shine? It will be a long winter and I need stuff to do!:D
I got my polish pads, compounds and How to from the link below:

(http://www.caswellplating.com/)

They also recommend this kit for motorcycle wheels when using a drill.
Kit Includes:​

• 1 x Medium Mushroom Buff
  • 1 x Small Mushroom Buff
  • 1 x Arbor Adapter
  • 1 x 4" Sisal Wheel
  • 1 x 4" Spiral Sewn Wheel
  • 1 x 4" Loose Cotton Wheel
  • 1 x 1.5" x 1" Bullet Bob
  • 1 x Large Brown Compound
  • 1 x Large Black Compound
  • 1 x 8 ox White Rouge Liquid Polish
  • Instructions

·
Banned
15,179 Posts

• 1 x Arbor Adapter
  • 1 x 4" Sisal Wheel
  • Instructions
Downloaded their buffing pdf handbook, Thank you for posting that. Looks like a lot of snow this winter, I might come out the other side real shiny, once we thaw .............

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
THat site is awesome Xprimo! That should keep me busy this winter!

• 1 x Arbor Adapter
  • 1 x 4" Sisal Wheel
  • Instructions

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,090 Posts
If they already have a nice shine, just go to Walmart or any auto parts store and get a Mother's Power Ball along with a can of Mother's Billet Polish. That will cost about $30 but will do several wheels. Super easy to do, just chuck the Power Ball in your drill, apply a little polish to the wheels and hit it with the Power Ball, then buff with a microfiber towel.

Or get some of the Hot Flash polishes, which I think works even better than the Mother's polishes.

·
Registered
172 Posts

I bought this stuff at the motorcycle show and it works really well. It made the polished items on my bike look like chrome. Kinda pricey, but you definitely get your money's worth.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I bought this stuff at the motorcycle show and it works really well. It made the polished items on my bike look like chrome. Kinda pricey, but you definitely get your money's worth.
Very impressive if it really works that well........

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,090 Posts

I bought a kit of that but haven't used it yet. I wanted a good sealer and there were a lot of good reviews on their product. I have the Metal Gloss and the Metal Sealer Polish.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts