M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A week or so ago I bought a chrome hub from Moreschi and Im just wandering what all Im going to get into with the replacement . Looks like Im gonna need atleast some seals . Will I be able to use all of my old bearings or will I need to get them too . I did a couple of quick searches but didnt see anything . Any input is appreciated

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
This quote if from Lostrider in the following thread. He has done this and knows the hub in and out.

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128549

Hey guys I have had my hub apart completely 4 times now. Sent it out for polish first time, painted it the second time and chrome twice, last time with Chip Simmons for chrome was the charm for me.

Each time I had the complete gear package out of the hub, including the seals. The key I have found is inside the hub there is an area where the internal gear package mates with the hub itself. In that area you have to apply Suzuki bond 1207B (which is nothing more than form a gasket). This step needs to be done or the hub will 100% leak. The seals when installed properly are pretty much hard to screw up. Of course all torque settings for the bolts should be followed to insure that everything is seated properly. I know there are many here that just use a hammer and chisel to re-install the stopper nut which is the nut that holds the shaft side output gear in place. This in my opinion is a bad move as well.That stopper nut has a torque setting of 79.5 Ft lbs. You are not going to achieve that torque with a hammer and chisel and a guess. I wound up making my own socket for this nut since Suzuki was backordered on the tool and it cost too much. Works great for me and got me to 79.5 ft lbs no problem. There are also a couple of seals in that area as well that should be replaced.

I can tell you that from my experience with Suzuki over the last 4+ years there is no way in he11 that they will lemon law that bike for a final drive leak. honestly if it is done right by the mechanic as well there should be no problem unless the hub itself has defective casting in the part itself. Have them start with a new hub and call it a day.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
A week or so ago I bought a chrome hub from Moreschi and Im just wandering what all Im going to get into with the replacement . Looks like Im gonna need atleast some seals . Will I be able to use all of my old bearings or will I need to get them too . I did a couple of quick searches but didnt see anything . Any input is appreciated
as affordable as seals and bearing are, I would replace them anyway, I wouldn't try getting the old ones out and reusing........Bearings are like $6 a piece, ya need 3 in the rear hub

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
as affordable as seals and bearing are, I would replace them anyway, I wouldn't try getting the old ones out and reusing........Bearings are like $6 a piece, ya need 3 in the rear hub
Yeah , Im with ya on the not trying to get the old ones out . Damage them for sure . But I guess I need to buy my parts where you do . My bearings were quite a bit more than $6 a piece ! My seals were $6 a piece lol .

Who are some good online OEM parts people ?

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Yeah , Im with ya on the not trying to get the old ones out . Damage them for sure . But I guess I need to buy my parts where you do . My bearings were quite a bit more than $6 a piece ! My seals were $6 a piece lol .

Who are some good online OEM parts people ?
oneidasuzuki.com - But I didn't see it listed there.

http://www.babbittsonline.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/1/Suzuki.aspx
I found one seal for $24 and one for $10 at just a quick glance. These guys are usually the cheapest with oneida.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
well here is the bearings from our sponsor at the top of every page, DLP bearing are $5.49 each.

http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=8864&str=290

This place has both ,seals $5.25

http://oem.hyperformanceparts.com/h...ukiMC.asp?Type=13&A=391&B=29&prand=1873768432
I haven't checked part numbers to make sure but are you sure it is the same bearings for one? Also, the link you are giving is for the "dust seal" for the rims, not the seal for the hub. they are different.

edit: Just checked and all of the part numbers are different.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I haven't checked part numbers to make sure but are you sure it is the same bearings for one? Also, the link you are giving is for the "dust seal" for the rims, not the seal for the hub. they are different.

edit: Just checked and all of the part numbers are different.
sorry my bad, If the dang edit button will work here I will delete the post

1 - 8 of 8 Posts