M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have the cobra slashdowns on, but no power commander yet ( 9/15/06   ::)   )

so how about Directline leasing out the cobra Fi2000R ????

People interested could pay a small fee ($25 plus shipping both ways ...maybe) and rent the programmer for 3 days only. A credit card would have to be used as a deposit, unreturned/ damaged programmers would be charged the full price of one....

The reason I propose this is because I am one of the few that will wait for the DynoJet power commander to be released. And I don't plan on just buying the Fi2000 in the meantime.

So what do you guys think? Lamont? Hal?

·
Registered
898 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
J R said:
I may be misunderstanding your post but it appears that you belive you could program your bike and then send the FI2000R back and it would be programed ??? If so or thats what you think thats not the way it works you put it on set it and leave it.you pull it off and your back to stock settings.for minor mods like pipes and aircleaners the 2000 is fine if you want the best and plan on major mods the powercomander is what youll need but both youll need to leave hooked up.Other wise one guy would buy one and share it with all his buddys and there buisness would be prolly cut in half.Fuelers gotta stay with the bike just like the jsd if its on it works if its off it dont :bigthumbsup:
Ya I wasn't sure how the programmers worked. I thought it just reflashed the ecu and until the power was disrupted the mod would remain... It just seems like a lot of money for a device with 3 potentiometers, can this be duplicated with a home-made deal ? has anyone taken one apart? I'm looking for a quick way out....

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
190.00 for a fuel management device that works is not alot of money. there are more expensive ones, but for basic intake and exhaust mods, this works great. ive used this and the pcIII, and this one is just fine. if your at the track with your laptop adjusting for every air/fuel ratio change and want something a little more sophisticated get the pcIII. i'm currently running the fi2000r on this bike and it screams without a hicup. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I shouldn't have said it was too expensive, you're right. I just like messing with electroncs and figured there has to be a way to make one ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts