M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey La Monster

for some reason i can not fine where you did the step by step to remove the tail section to remove the turn signals and things i just got my plate mount and was going to try and do it this weekend but could not get the tail section off i got the center mount plate bracket. I try to remove the tail section but could not get it off due to i know i forgot a bolt or 2 so if you could or if anyone here know which link on here that shows it i would be grateful would like to get the new bracket on this weekend if i can get the tail section off so i can

thanks

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
There are 2 phillip head bolts that you must get to from under the fender, along with allen head bolts that you can see. The first time I tried to take mone off I didn't know about the 2 under the fender , I was like :cus: :confused: ..............

Then I found the post that Lamont just gave you above and that solved my problem :bigthumbsup:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Bonehead said:
There are 2 phillip head bolts that you must get to from under the fender, along with allen head bolts that you can see. The first time I tried to take mone off I didn't know about the 2 under the fender , I was like :cus: :confused: ..............

Then I found the post that Lamont just gave you above and that solved my problem :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Lamonster said:
Yep , those were the 2 little buggers that caused my frustration :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok nother question are theside covers bolted on or do they pop off with out breaking

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
The is a bolt on the bottom and a reuseable type fastener(just push in on the ceter to release) right behind the tank , the other two connectors just pop off ( watch the one thats besides the battery area you will need to put a screwdriver in there to seperated them ,atleast the first couple of times ).
The cable from the seat lock must be unhooked from the left side panel if you want to remove the left side panel completely :bigthumbsup:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
kbear said:
ok nother question are theside covers bolted on or do they pop off with out breaking
One bolt, one pin and when you go to take them off make sure you slide them forward to get them off of the clip on the tank.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lamonster said:
One bolt, one pin and when you go to take them off make sure you slide them forward to get them off of the clip on the tank.
ok by going by you instructions just have to pop the one corner off for the tail section to come off right

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
kbear said:
ok by going by you instructions just have to pop the one corner off for the tail section to come off right
Pop the corner off off of the side panels so you can get to the bolt that is under those panels, then the tail will come off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts