M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello I was wondering if someone could tell me how I could remove the chrome from my front head lamp, there is a big scratch in it and I had to order a new one, but I have a could be spare just sitting there waiting to be saved :D, I tried to sand it off but then realized to my shock that it was real chrome and not just paint, so I have copper and chrome to get off, is there a solution that I can dunk this in and it just comes off? Or will I need to sand it off? I did sand down the scratch but you would notice the dip in paint if I tried to just paint over it.

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok this is A LOT harder then I thought it would be ::) I can really use some help ;) but in all reality at this point no matter what you tell me to do I don't think I can salvage my mess :evil: live and learn :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Take it to a local finisher/plater. Even if the business doesn't chrome stuff, they can still strip it. I think they use an acid bath to remove anodizing and chrome. If you walk in and just tell them you need it removed, you might be able to get it done quickly and cheaply.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
montoya32 said:
Take it to a local finisher/plater. Even if the business doesn't chrome stuff, they can still strip it. I think they use an acid bath to remove anodizing and chrome. If you walk in and just tell them you need it removed, you might be able to get it done quickly and cheaply.
Thank you very much Montoya you have no idea how much time you have just saved me :bigthumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts