M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone removed a cover on a suzuki gel seat? I'm wondering if there is anyway to shave it down a bit. Is it one large gel pouch or is there foam in there too?

And I know baldy can hook me up, problem is I already own the gel seat. And I dont want to uncover it to look if I can't do anything with it.

Thanks

Shortyy

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Undercover!

I have the Suzuki full cut gel seat, and I've had the cover off to mod it slightly. It's kind of dissappointing under there. It looks like a regular foam seat with about 1/4 inch removed from the center section, and a gel insert just laid in there. I removed a little more foam at the bottom edges of the rear section. Didn't change it much. I still like it much better than the stock seat.
I used an air powered stapler to reattach it, stronger staples, and the power to penetrate the plastic base at about 50 psi. Too much psi and it tears through the fabric. A hand operated stapler won't work too well.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
$ 68.00 plus tax and delivery
3/8 inch thick , I think I would need 3 thickness
to get an inch of gel ,
that stuff is expensive......:-\
It sucks to live where the roads are terrible .
Luckily for you Shorty ,I don't think you need
as much padding as me ......

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,869 Posts
I had mine off to install the backrest into the rear seat, and as CBR said it's kind of disappointing what you see in the way of gel in there. I guess it's enough to work as it does do OK.

The cover on mine was stuck to the foam and gel and I had to peal it off, but it came off clean. I used a regular hand staple gun to reinstall the cover, I think mine is a T50. I have air staple guns but none with a wide crown to hold the vinyl.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts