M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to make a more comfortable ride for my girlfriend when she can ride with me, but I don't want to install the brackets for a sissy bar (Would be a pain to remove and install every time she rides with me). Is there some kind of quick connect or latching system that I can use so I can just use a key and remove it? I'd like the modified back seat with backrest but simply don't have the money for something that...

Thanks fellas! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have the cobra sissy bar that I take off and put back on when the wife goes with. Takes about 10 mins to convert the bike back and forth. A quick detachable one would be awesome.

·
Registered
105 Posts
for the price of anything else you could go on ebay and find the HD backrest to do the mod it only cost me 50 bucks plus 5 for the bolts.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Jardine makes a detachable brackets but its 250 for the brackets plus the backrest. You could make one.

·
Registered
44 Posts
removable back rest

Check out METCRUZE web site in Aussie. Rack incorporated into back seat. I have one and is a great alternate to the over priced back rests.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I've heard the Jardine is Garbage, I'll look for the thread.:bigthumbsup:
http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97219&highlight=jardine+backrest
post #6
True...but supposedly they "fixed" the problem with the metal breaking. I REALLY wanted the Jardine, then one broke right in front on me. Jardine said they fixed it. I haven't heard of any more breaking,but before I bought one I would contact Jardine and ask them. Then I would ask them what's the serial numbers of the new models so I could make sure I purchased a new version.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Metcruse rear seat and back rest

best investment yet $400 au good and strong leaves nothing on bike when going solohttp://www.m109riders.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21275&stc=1&d=1277293255

·
Registered
3 Posts
Jardine looks and feels great, bad quality and poor support from factory.

Have the jardine, initially on only when wife wants to ride, now all the time. Once it literally fell apart. One of two bolts came off. Luckily she was along with the car so I could stop and put it in the trunk. Called jardine, asked for bolt replacement. They charged 10$ and sent me 4 bolts, none the one I needed. I put a smaller bolt and nut, works but look like crap. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Just recieved my Jardine QR back rest and I love it. They added bars to strengthen it and to hold on to. My only advice is drape a paper towel or a thin cloth between the bolts so you don't scratch the chrome when placing or removing the sissy bar.

By bujee1 at 2010-07-07

By bujee1 at 2010-07-07

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Looking at them pics shows me that thats like any other back rest. Its not a quick release, you still have to unbolt it. For 400.00 i'll fab my own. Being a person that can fab, i would put the same pipe thats on the bottom on top for the back rest also. That pipe on top to the back rest looks a little to light to me.

Its a good looking back rest though. Just not what I would call a quick release.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
man would you want a quick release holding your wife/girlfriend on the back of your bike?!?! something just sounds unsafe about that. id want something that is bolted on. just my $0.02:dontknow:

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Just recieved my Jardine QR back rest and I love it. They added bars to strengthen it and to hold on to. My only advice is drape a paper towel or a thin cloth between the bolts so you don't scratch the chrome when placing or removing the sissy bar.

By bujee1 at 2010-07-07

By bujee1 at 2010-07-07
Sorry to tell you this, but the bars were on there before:-\. The one that broke in front of me had the bars too and I believe they've always had the bars. What I heard they did to strengthen it was to use heavier gauge steel. I'd double check someone isn't taking you for a ride.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
976 Posts
Looking at them pics shows me that thats like any other back rest. Its not a quick release, you still have to unbolt it. For 400.00 i'll fab my own. Being a person that can fab, i would put the same pipe thats on the bottom on top for the back rest also. That pipe on top to the back rest looks a little to light to me.

Its a good looking back rest though. Just not what I would call a quick release.
It looks like any other but I assure you all I do is release the spring lock and pull the quick release and it's off. Less than 3 sec.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts