M109 Riders banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I'm looking for a set of removable hard case side bags. I'm wondering if anyone out there has a good suggestion.

Best. - B

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I have the Tsukayu large ones. Hold 41 liters/quarts each. I do two week holiday rides every summer and have enough room for everything and will hold a 24 case of canned beer. https://www.tsukayu.com/M109R bags.html

Quick release takes a few seconds to take off and put on. Depending on exhaust and rear signals you have, they can be ordered with or without signal light cutouts and with or without exhaust tunnel depending what exhaust you have. They also make some smaller ones. If you're looking at buying them, don't have them painted by them. They say they use Colorrite paint but they don't cause the color doesn't quite match and they are not clear coated. I know because my fairing was painted with Colorrite and it's a perfect match

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Hello All,

I'm looking for a set of removable hard case side bags. I'm wondering if anyone out there has a good suggestion.

Best. - B
There's a new member here who's also a good friend of mine that has an M109R (in excellent condition) with a great set of Hard Case Side Bags on it. He's very interested in selling those Side Bags. I'll contact him, and see if I can get him to respond to your post. Hopefully, you two can work a deal to get you what you're looking for.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
I have the Tsukayu large ones. Hold 41 liters/quarts each. I do two week holiday rides every summer and have enough room for everything and will hold a 24 case of canned beer. https://www.tsukayu.com/M109R bags.html

Quick release takes a few seconds to take off and put on. Depending on exhaust and rear signals you have, they can be ordered with or without signal light cutouts and with or without exhaust tunnel depending what exhaust you have. They also make some smaller ones. If you're looking at buying them, don't have them painted by them. They say they use Colorrite paint but they don't cause the color doesn't quite match and they are not clear coated. I know because my fairing was painted with Colorrite and it's a perfect match
:agree:

I have the same bags for many years, and I am very happy with them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
There's a new member here who's also a good friend of mine that has an M109R (in excellent condition) with a great set of Hard Case Side Bags on it. He's very interested in selling those Side Bags. I'll contact him, and see if I can get him to respond to your post. Hopefully, you two can work a deal to get you what you're looking for.
You wouldn't happen to know the color would you?

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Hello Jobbyjim,

I was just on my cell phone with my friend who has the Hard Bags. The bags are silver to match the 06' model color, and in excellent condition. He's very new to the Forum, and unfamiliar with how to go about selling or buying on the Forum. So, I have agreed to help him with the sell of the bags. I'm currently in the process of getting the brand and model of the bags. As well, I will provide more photos of them, along with a reasonable price (hopefully today). If you agree to purchase them, I will put you in touch with him, so you two can share PayPal and Ship To Address information, to close the deal. Below is the only photo I currently have to share with you. I hope this at least gives you an idea of what the generally look like.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Side Bags

All,

Thanks for the links and leads to the side bags. The Tsukayu bags look great, but the only thing I don't like about them is that you have to reach inside to detach them. What I'm hoping for is something that I can detach from the outside of the case without having to open it. Kind of like a suitcase for a bike. See, I'm one of the lucky people that has a partner that loves to ride on back, and we are looking to do some weekend rides to places within a couple hours from home. I'd like to be able to pull up to a hotel/motel/BnB/etc.. and just grab the bags off the bike and toss them in the room. I'm finding stuff as I look online, but just curious if anyone else out there already has something that they can recommend.

And, you answered another question ( that I did not ask ). Is it okay to put things up for sale on this forum. I'm new here and wasn't sure. The last forum I belonged to ( called Chromeheads for those who owned the classic look BMW R1200C - which was my last bike ) had a marketplace thread just for that. I've had my 9 for about 6 weeks so I am in the process of tweaking it ( new seat, backrest, saddlebags, etc - mostly for the comfort of my partner - which is very important :) ). So after I finish that I suspect I'll have a few extras that I do not need.

Again - thanks to all for input! - B

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
All,

Thanks for the links and leads to the side bags. The Tsukayu bags look great, but the only thing I don't like about them is that you have to reach inside to detach them. What I'm hoping for is something that I can detach from the outside of the case without having to open it. Kind of like a suitcase for a bike. See, I'm one of the lucky people that has a partner that loves to ride on back, and we are looking to do some weekend rides to places within a couple hours from home. I'd like to be able to pull up to a hotel/motel/BnB/etc.. and just grab the bags off the bike and toss them in the room. I'm finding stuff as I look online, but just curious if anyone else out there already has something that they can recommend.

And, you answered another question ( that I did not ask ). Is it okay to put things up for sale on this forum. I'm new here and wasn't sure. The last forum I belonged to ( called Chromeheads for those who owned the classic look BMW R1200C - which was my last bike ) had a marketplace thread just for that. I've had my 9 for about 6 weeks so I am in the process of tweaking it ( new seat, backrest, saddlebags, etc - mostly for the comfort of my partner - which is very important :) ). So after I finish that I suspect I'll have a few extras that I do not need.

Of course its totally okay and permissible for you to post items up for sale here. You were granted that right, the moment you signed up and registered as a member of the Forum. The top requirement here is honesty, trust, reliability, morals, and simply doing the right thing by all the members of this Forum...not to say you're up to no good. I just wanted to inform you on the culture/landscape of this great and amazing Forum. Also, most everyone here uses PayPal to conduct the financial side of our transactions with one another, because it provides protection for both parties, in the event there's ever a dispute, or a deal gone wrong...whether intentional or unintentional. To your point of wanting something that will provide you quick removal from the bike, in terms of having bags you can take into a hotel/motel/BNB...perhaps you may want to consider a Luggage Rack component to add to your 9. It allows you to simply strap your bags down with some sort of bungee hooks, and your off to your destination(s). There's lots of members here who have chosen that route, and I think they're all pretty happy/satisfied with it.

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
I too would be interested in the bags if the OP isn't.
For sure Tom. I'll definitely get back to you, regardless of the outcome...just to keep you in the loop. If he doesn't want them, they're yours...if you want them. :bigthumbsup: :D :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
For sure Tom. I'll definitely get back to you, regardless of the outcome...just to keep you in the loop. If he doesn't want them, they're yours...if you want them. :bigthumbsup: :D :bigthumbsup:
I just received some photos of the bags after they were removed from the bike. There's also a chrome Luggage Rack available, if you or anyone else may be interested in that. It's also in very, very good condition.

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Okay, here are photos of the Hard Bags removed from the bike. They will come with all the mounting hardware required to install them on an M109R. As well, I've provided photos of the Chrome Luggage Rack, and a clear Sport Windscreen that were just removed from the bike. Everything is in excellent condition. If anyone is interested in these items, please reply ASAP.

IMG_2522.jpg

IMG_2523.jpg

IMG_2524.jpg

IMG_2525.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
All,

I wouldn't worry about the detach levers being inside the bags. When I do holiday rides 2 weeks at a time, I take them off and put in hotel room every night and they are full. Only takes a few seconds to take off and put back on. They fit very close to the bike and follow the lines of the bike nicely. If you want another kind of quick release they will stick out quite far and with them off you'll have a big metal piece permanently mounted on the bike. The brackets that come with the Tsukayu mount to where the factory bolts are and just a piece sticks out about an inch. Bags.jpg

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hello Jobbyjim,

I was just on my cell phone with my friend who has the Hard Bags. The bags are silver to match the 06' model color, and in excellent condition. He's very new to the Forum, and unfamiliar with how to go about selling or buying on the Forum. So, I have agreed to help him with the sell of the bags. I'm currently in the process of getting the brand and model of the bags. As well, I will provide more photos of them, along with a reasonable price (hopefully today). If you agree to purchase them, I will put you in touch with him, so you two can share PayPal and Ship To Address information, to close the deal. Below is the only photo I currently have to share with you. I hope this at least gives you an idea of what the generally look like.

You wouldn't have an idea of what make of bag those are would you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello Jobbyjim,

My 109 is gray not the silver. Thanks for checking it out for me. You really put a lot of effort into this forum and it is much appreciated.

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
You wouldn't have an idea of what make of bag those are would you.
Hello Prospector,

Unfortunately, I do not know the make/manufacturer of the Hard Bags at this time. I have however, put out a request to the original owner of the bike to ask if he could provide that information, so I could make it available to anyone who might be interested in them.

If anyone else knows the brand and model of the Hard Bags I have provided pictures of, please chime in.

Thank you,
Bobby

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Hello Prospector,

Unfortunately, I do not know the make/manufacturer of the Hard Bags at this time. I have however, put out a request to the original owner of the bike to ask if he could provide that information, so I could make it available to anyone who might be interested in them.

If anyone else knows the brand and model of the Hard Bags I have provided pictures of, please chime in.

Thank you,
Bobby
I am in no way certain about this, but those actually look like the OEM saddle bags that suzuki used to sell for the M109. Again, I am not certain and the original owner should probably chime in. But looking at the year model of the bike and the care that they were given, that would be my guess.

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
I am in no way certain about this, but those actually look like the OEM saddle bags that suzuki used to sell for the M109. Again, I am not certain and the original owner should probably chime in. But looking at the year model of the bike and the care that they were given, that would be my guess.
Thank you BL. You were dead on with your assessment. I found them on the OneidaSuzuki.com website. You have been a huge help Bro, and I thank you very much. I'm going to post them up for sale on a new post, so they are on the proper Forum Board.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts