M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although undecided on a final selection of tail lights I wanted to remove that unsightly factory license/tail light bracket from the rear of the bike and expose that fatty 250. I fabed two home brewed brackets from aluminum angle and moved the stockers to the location of the original reflectors and utilized the OEM 10 mm bolts and mounting holes. No wire splicing was required, just relocated the wires and snapped them together.

A view of the mounting bracket which is typical of both sides.

A view of the left side light and "home brewed" side mount bracket.

The end results! A nice clean view of the Venom R 250 fatty! :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Very nice bro, did you think about replacing the stockers with LED strips? Brighter and easier to see from the sides.. There's a few pics of bikes that have the front and rear signals replaced that way on the site.

Good work on the bracketing btw 8) :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DHandyman said:
Very nice bro, did you think about replacing the stockers with LED strips? Brighter and easier to see from the sides.. There's a few pics of bikes that have the front and rear signals replaced that way on the site.Â

Good work on the bracketing btw 8)Â :bigthumbsup:
Still not sure what avenue I want to take regarding lighting......there's no shortage of choices and the problem is I like them all :D :D :D :D I may have to toss a coin into the air before all is said and done :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I like the way the rear lights looks, but where can I get the brackets for the lights? do I have to order it or fine a sheet metal worker and have it custom made?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kissimmee09 said:
I like the way the rear lights looks, but where can I get the brackets for the lights? do I have to order it or fine a sheet metal worker and have it custom made?
Thanks
Find a local metal bender and they should be able to make you the brackets in short order :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
702 Posts
EAGLEFAN67 said:
Looks good ! ...makes the back end look wider....for some reason.
I agree. The bike's rear looks so much better all cleaned up.

It's like putting a 52" rear end in a thong. You knew it was big, now it just looks that much better. :joke:

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Saving the fender strut bolts for some other mods. I have a Cruiser Travel Bag for long trips and will be installing the DLP bungee buttons. Going to also fab a quick mount/dismount back rest and need the fender strut mounting points for that application.

·
Registered
343 Posts
vtxoak said:
How about just putting them in the fender struts?

That's what I was thinking! Still very nice! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bob,

I would love to do the same to my silver 109, but don't even know where to begin. Can you fabricate the parts, give me detailed instructions and tell me how much it would cost? I also like the license plate bracket. Pls. let me know. Either way, it can't hurt to ask....right?!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Thats really nice, Bob.
I'm gonna do mine JUST like that! Noticed pipes arent drilled. Loving the stock are ya?

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
cbxer55 said:
No 52 inch rear end I know of would look good in a thong!
Bahama Mama!
Now me, I am 6 foot 1 inch, 175 pounds, fit as a fiddle!
Exercise daily, got a 6-pack, wear thongs every day.
The heat and humidity of this particular locale, they are down right comfortable.
Feels like you are not wearing anything!!
FIRE AWAY!!!

Robert Hill
Midwest City, OK.
Robert ,

that is way too much info bro

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
bob109 said:
Although undecided on a final selection of tail lights I wanted to remove that unsightly factory license/tail light bracket from the rear of the bike and expose that fatty 250. I fabed two home brewed brackets from aluminum angle and moved the stockers to the location of the original reflectors and utilized the OEM 10 mm bolts and mounting holes. No wire splicing was required, just relocated the wires and snapped them together.

A view of the mounting bracket which is typical of both sides.

A view of the left side light and "home brewed" side mount bracket.

The end results! A nice clean view of the Venom R 250 fatty! :D :D :D

that venom 250 is AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts