M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Well, my current employer is relocating me to Redwood City, CA from NC. I just made a visit last week and I'm a little overwhelmed. Definitely a faster pace than I'm used to here in NC. The highways so busy… I saw a lot of sport bikes splitting lanes. That does sound appealing but I'm not sure the 109 (being so wide) can maneuver as well as them. I do plan on taking advantage of the car pool lane.

I'm currently trying to figure out where to live… it's so expensive! Any advice would be appreciated.

- justbman

ps, I'll be out there again the second week in Oct if anyone wants to grab a beer with me.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Hectic pace? yeah, expensive? yeah. But you'll get the hang of it. I'll be back in November, let me know and we can cruise the bay area with some other local 9rs. It's big and beautiful.

·
Registered
750 Posts
The 9 works well on splitting lanes. The HD's do it quite well so there's no reason why we can't, I do it all the time riding into Oakland. I'm sure either myself or Mark (Halfdome) would be able to hook up. More than likely Mark. He lives closer to where you will be, than I do. Basically just south from Redwood City. Take care and Be careful..:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hello,

Well, my current employer is relocating me to Redwood City, CA from NC. I just made a visit last week and I'm a little overwhelmed. Definitely a faster pace than I'm used to here in NC. The highways so busy… I saw a lot of sport bikes splitting lanes. That does sound appealing but I'm not sure the 109 (being so wide) can maneuver as well as them. I do plan on taking advantage of the car pool lane.

I'm currently trying to figure out where to live… it's so expensive! Any advice would be appreciated.

-justbman

ps, I'll be out there again the second week in Oct if anyone wants to grab a beer with me.
You Sir are actually relocating to Central California. California is in reality 3 separate states, Southern, Central and Northern California. Central California (Fondly known as the Peoples republic of California) consists of the entire Bay Area. Southern California is were the Feel Gooders live, (They are for anything that makes them feel better about themselves). There are a few exceptions, but not many. as a matter of fact, any Northern Californians that moves to Southern or Central California are quickly assimilated. Then there is Northern California, aka. the Land of the Free Thinkers, (unfortunately Northern Cali also has a large population of welfare recipients, aka. Lemmings).
Unfortunately Northern California also contains the State Capital for all the States. And the Capital Building has become the Cesspool for all of BS, and Human Debris that all of the Californias can produce.
I wish you luck, and wish I could tell you there was a way to protect yourself from the California Disease. But you will only survive if you have a natural immunity, aka. Common Sense.
Guard what Common Sense you have with your life, because there are minions at work that will take it from you when you least expect it.
Dood luck, and God Bless.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah ok, thanks... I'm still learning, I was a bit af a noob when I wrote that. Thanks for the info. But now that I know better, I will be offically from central CA Bay Area Peninsula. Cool! Lets ride! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I thought the worst thing about moving to California would be having to suck ****.:dontknow: Couldn't imagine living in a state that everyone refers to as the *** state.:eek:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Everyone?

I thought the worst thing about moving to California would be having to suck ****.:dontknow: Couldn't imagine living in a state that everyone refers to as the *** state.:eek:
I doubt "everyone" includes everyone. I think your own personal feelings of homophobia are closer to the mark.
California has a lot of every type of people, and it's diversity can be quite challenging to those use to a segregated community. Fear masked by hostility can be the result. Try to keep an open mind. Exposure to different cultures can be very enlightening. You might be surprised what you will learn.
If you haven't seen the movie "Grand Torino" you should. Even hardened old farts can learn something new if they make an effort.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
...that my friends is a perfect example of a what they call today "Cyber bashing" FYI, for those in the fly over states. Ignorance is bliss.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Wow, do you think all the rumors about the people who live in the south are true :dontknow: I don't think so, because all my experience of meeting people from the south don't live up to those nasty rumors, in fact quite the opposite.

So, are you the majority or the minority of the south? I think you are the minority.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
:-*

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
REALLY???

Thanks for adding soo much to this thread. Now go be a *** somewhere else.

Welcome again Brian.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ready or not here I come... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
You must be here by now, how was the trip? BTW, you're in Northern CA. Southern CA. starts at Bakersfield. Central CA refers to the central valley. Welcome home!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
THANKS!

yeah, I'm here... but the bike isnt here until around the 10th

1 - 20 of 22 Posts