M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
anyone here have any luck installing one from dlp?
There have been one or 2 who installed the kit. Hal had it on his last M109. My understanding is that DLP is currently not offering the LSB because of several issues with a very difficult install. The kit is far from a standard plug and play mod and is was very expensive as well. Go with the down under brake bracket from DLP (Cycle House). It tucks the brake caliper underneath and really opens things up. Not expensive and very well made.

http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=6946&str=290

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I had a thread that looked into this.

Hal was a part of it and said their kit only fit RC wheels and was a real mod project. He said he has some left, but does not list them for sale because of how much custom work it takes to make it work.

Raw Performance Has a kit that pops up on their site from time to time. They want $500 for it, but in the details it lists parts you need, by their part number, and those parts are not offered. After 6 month of trying to contact them, their solution was for me to remove my rear wheel's hub and send it to them, so they could see if they could come up with parts to make it work and then send it and the parts back to me so I could do the work of the mods and the PITA install. For this, they think it would likely be about another $1,000 to $1,500 over the $500 part they list from time to time.

From what I gather, This is a left side hub mod so the rotor can attach to it without having the cush drive in-line of your brake. This means hacking apart your hub and then having it re-chromed and moding your drive-shaft cover portion of your swingarm to mount a bracket for the caliper.

I went with the down-under and gave up on the idea for this year. I may make a kit myself next winter if I can fit it in.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys for the info. I have R.C. wheels. I'm changing my exhaust to Bassani Pro Stocks and i just wanted to clean up the right side a little more. Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts