M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheres a good place to get some wheel bearings front and rear, Also is there anyone who reinstalled the old ones you took out because of low milage on them WINDYCITY gave me some advice but i would like to know if people have used the same ones and had no problems with them before i spend over $100.00 to buy new ones for nothing. I checked them and they spin fine and there is no noise either.I have 5k on my 9 Thank you

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wheres a good place to get some wheel bearings front and rear, Also is there anyone who reinstalled the old ones you took out because of low milage on them WINDYCITY gave me some advice but i would like to know if people have used the same ones and had no problems with them before i spend over $100.00 to buy new ones for nothing. I checked them and they spin fine and there is no noise either.I have 5k on my 9 Thank you
old ones are fine just regrease and that will be fine

·
Registered
2,313 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the only thing is that i have 2 that are sealed and 3 that are not sealed you can see the ball bearings and the ones from DLP are all sealed or am i missing something.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just my 2 sense but the ones that are cheap are exactly that, Chinese bearings. The reason the Suzuki ones are more expensive is because they are Japanese made with a little mark up of course. When I removed my bearings this winter it was a BITCH getting the old ones out. On a motorcycle with only 2 wheels on the road and no cage spending an extra $40-50 for something your only going to replace one time is piece of mind. Expect to pay $15-20 for a good set of German, Japanese, or USA made bearings.

They can be ordered at any bearing supplier they aren't a special item. You just need the numbers off one of the bearings/seals and get double sealed. My wheels had 3 different variations of the same bearing, but all the same thing. However I don't remember the part numbers. Here is the site I used friendly cheap and quick.

http://www.ebatmus.com/

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Wheres a good place to get some wheel bearings front and rear......
Your local auto parts store. Do a search someone had posted the part numbers a while back I think Temkin. It's a common bearing. All though that info could have left with some of the previous members posts. And no they are not very expensive for a quality bearing. If you don't find the number shot me a PM I have the number at home.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
The bearing number is 62052rs 6205 is the size and the 2rs is the rubber shields. NTN- Timken-sks-etc all use the same system. The suffix tells what the shields/seals are. I agree there are some cheaply made bearings out there, but there are tons of these bearings from surplus stocks as well, many are name brands. Also many can be bought much cheaper than at an industrial supply company. Also my .02 cents.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes you can with a large socket and hammer but go easy and keep it in line....you have to have a socket that will fit up to the outer side of the bearing
Hi there, I have a bit of an issue with removing my old bearing, (the one on the brake side rear wheel is loose and noisy) I have removed the wheel and I have a bearing removal tool which I tried using but I can't get enough purchase on the inside of the bearing and everytime I try to remove it the tool just slips out (even though I tighten the tool up very tight). Have you removed any rear bearing before and if so any tricks that I can use. Thanks in advance. Tim.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.