M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need help fast cause i wanna go riding tonite. any help greatly appreciated. directions dont mention this single wire. thanks.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Ground right?

I haven't been into it yet but there must be a bolt to ground it to.

I will be in there in a few and will message back.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how come it does not say to ground this wire in the instructions or anywhere else on this forum? atleast i have done the search and cant find any info.

·
Registered
21 Posts
HELP PLEASE
I just install my JSD-3M and withthe red wire grounded it idles at 1100 and 900 with clutch pulled in and 900 with the wire loose. I had GSXRs in the past and the clutch thing was how you knew it was working, but I thought the 3M was going to keep my idle regular. I wish this thing came with more detailed instructions.

·
Registered
752 Posts
There is a coper/brass bolt on the frame. Run the red wire through the frame towards the back of the bike (keeping it away from the exhaust) and ground it to that bolt.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Which red wire are you referring to. My JSD-3M came plug and play. There were no loose wires on it. Did he send me the wrong one?
It has also now set my rev-limiter to 6200rpms in all gears....?

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I'm not sure. It's installed on the bike right now. However I think it must be the wrong kit.
I have a question. the kit was labelled JSD-3, even though I'm positive I ordered the JSD-3M. Did your kit also say JSD-3 or JSD-3M.
Either way, I think your right. It must be the wrong one, there is definitely no red wire to use as a ground.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Was JSD-3M. The biggest problem with your kit is that rev limitation at 6400. I would get it off my bike ASAP and PM Jeff.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Guys, I plug my in on the left side and ground the red wire to the brass copper looking bolt. When in neutral idle at 1000 and when in gear with clucth pull in idle at 900. Runs GREAT !!!!!! This bike pulls hard all the way to 7200 or 7500 rpm in 1 2 3 and 4... One GREAT mod....

·
Registered
817 Posts
HOLD ON A SEC...

WHY IN THE F would you need to ground a loose wire on the JSD-3M???

If that's the way they were made, that's BS. There is NO NEED to have a loose ground hanging out when it could have just as easily been grounded to the black wire inside the pot.

I haven't gotten my JSD-#M yet, but if it has a loose red wire hanging out, I'm sending it back on sheer principle. Not that this design won't work, but it IS kinda sloppy. For $45, it ought to be done right.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I ordered mine JSD-3M yesterday. I noticed when I first ordered it, I accidentally chose the JSD-3. Looking at the web page, the Buy Now button is below the JSD-3M ad, not directly across from it. If you click on the Buy Now directly across from the JSD-3M title, you will be ordering the JSD-3 kit. Hard to explain but if you look at the page, you will see what I'm talking about. Hope they $45 mod works.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
As it turns out, I somehow ordered the wrong unit. Not Jeff's fault. Got the JSD-3, not the JSD-3M. Jeff's been more than cool with this process. Very trustworthy guy. I suspect, very busy too.
That being said, I can't wait to get the right one delivered and installed.

BTW - Thanks for all your help L-Train. I still want to put a switch on the 3m unit. I commute to work on my 109, and I'm thinking it might be good to be able to switch it off some days when I'm stuck in traffic. I also want to be able to feel the difference with the flick of a switch. My wife also rides, but she's pretty tiny, and it would be nice to turn it off when she decides to get daring and take it out for a spin.
If anyone has put a switch on the 3m unit yet, let me know. Otherwise, I'm going to use the unit as is to ensure it works fine, then I'm going to see where I can put the switch.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts