M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, here's a question for ponderation. I am toying with the idea of customizing my paint, embelishing really and it would envolve quite a bit of American symbology, R,W,&Blue, military/aviation looking signage, etc. So what do ya'll think about dollin' up a metric, Suzuki, Jap, whatever motorcycle with the good ol' Red, white & blue? ---Tacky?--- inapropriate?---cool?---or "who gives a sh*t?" Should I let that dog lie or do you feel I'd only catch hell from WW-II vets? I'd feel bad if I thought my embellishments were offensive OR off-color in some way. You can't think over all sides of some things!

·
Registered
64 Posts
This bike is unique for the Stars and Stripes paint jobs. i would say be unique. If you really want it painted then paint it something that looks good on the bike. The only bike i thought looked good in American Colors was the Captain America bike in Easy Rider. It was a very simple pain job too.

~2 cents

·
Registered
101 Posts
I think any form of patriotism should be revered and respected regardless of what its on. I mean half of american FLAGS are made in china, does that make them mean less? In the end you should pick a paintjob YOU feel comfortable with, i shudder to think that you would catch flack from ANY veteran when your supporting what they spent time/effort/blood building. If you want to show your countries colors, then by all means do so.

Just my .02.

Nick

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope no one else swipes my idea unless they are in some place I'll never run into them.(hate showin' up to the party wearin' the same outfit as someone else) But- if I do it , my M109R will be transformed into the "F109 Streetfighter"unless the "P5109 Mustang" Gets the nod! :doorag:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Paint it all white with a big azz red dot on the tank. :duck:

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
You should be able to paint it however you want but beware of those "american" bike riders and how they may take it. In the 80's there was a very good hot rod shop here that won all kinds of national awards ( my dad has one of their 39 chevys that won the street rod nationals in 84). they were asked by several dealers to customize new cars for sale as dealer installed options. This was around the mini-truck craze time. Suzuki(cars) used to sell a little jeep like truck, can't remember what they were called. They painted it to look like a giant american flag and it lasted 2 days before a cement block found its way across the hood and through the windshield. i saw it when it was back in the shop to be painted. johnny said they has all kinds of calls saying "how dare you put an american flag on that japaneese crap". So there will definately be haters, just be prepared. Of course the harley riders won't admit that Honda employs more americans than harley does and that most of the parts in a harley are built in Japan!

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
steelfaber said:
I hope no one else swipes my idea unless they are in some place I'll never run into them.(hate showin' up to the party wearin' the same outfit as someone else) But- if I do it , my M109R will be transformed into the "F109 Streetfighter"unless the "P5109 Mustang" Gets the nod! :doorag:

G

·
I have a Goldwing with an American Flag painted on the front fairing with an eagle tearing through the front, beak open and talons out. Hey, look at most American flags, their made in Japan, Korea, or China. Do what you want to do. It is YOUR BIKE. If people don't like it, they can turn their heads........that is, if they can see you when you are going by. I think your idea is awesome.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Boss Hoss with jap bikes on the side like he's killing them LOL, I remember we spanked a 502 BH with a Kawasaki ZX-12R.

·
Registered
593 Posts
steelfaber said:
OK, here's a question for ponderation. I am toying with the idea of customizing my paint, embelishing really and it would envolve quite a bit of American symbology, R,W,&Blue, military/aviation looking signage, etc. So what do ya'll think about dollin' up a metric, Suzuki, Jap, whatever motorcycle with the good ol' Red, white & blue? ---Tacky?--- inapropriate?---cool?---or "who gives a sh*t?" Should I let that dog lie or do you feel I'd only catch hell from WW-II vets? I'd feel bad if I thought my embellishments were offensive OR off-color in some way. You can't think over all sides of some things!
IRONIC-I was thinking of the same paint scheme to math the helmet I ordered. It has the old style bomber teeth painted on it with the USAF star. There are rivets painted on it to simulate the panels on a plane and best of all it has LADY LUCK stretched out on the back in her birthday suit. This would look especially fine on a silver 109. nJust findind a painter that can make it happen.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
'lectric, I would have bought the KBC Airborne "miss behavin' " helmet but it touched my nose a little to hard. Like the Warbird II helmet as well (but wifey don't like the naked babe though-- "miss behavin' " has a bikini on--that was ok but no T&A!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lamonster, thats an awesome job on the "Hoss". My thinking is in the same line but less busy, See I should have been born in the era that allowed me to fly P-51s cuz they are my absolute obsession.('cept of course, my 109) You just never forget the gloriously sweet sound of a R/R Merlin V-12 screamin' full tilt down the runway at 450 knots!! NO sweeter sound on this earth! Well--- engine wise anyway

·
Registered
593 Posts
steelfaber said:
'lectric, I would have bought the KBC Airborne "miss behavin' " helmet but it touched my nose a little to hard. Like the Warbird II helmet as well (but wifey don't like the naked babe though-- "miss behavin' " has a bikini on--that was ok but no T&A!!!
Dude whos wearing this helmet anyways :D When my wife saw it she was like that is bad ars.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
'lectric, Word to the wise, "if momma aint happy, aint nobody happy" ::) and no two mommas are the same either!! :doorag:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Every household is different. I will be enjoying my new helmet though. I am the major bread winner in my house and its my way or the highway and this is no BS. I don't ask if I can ride I just grab my gear and say by. 8)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts