M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well we're getting closer, but still no long sleeve black or 2 sided dark shirts :(. Cafe Press added these dark red shirts this week, so I have them available in every design that was in black already. You can select the color (black/cardinal red) in the selection page. Here are a few, so you can see how they look. Could be a good choice for the Red '07 owners too. Looks like they match the bikes. If there's a design in the store that you want on red, that isn't let me know and i'll see what I can do.  http://www.cafepress.com/m109design Thanks!! :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Looks great man. I love number 2!!! Its the official bad arse logo! For some reason though, number 1 looks better for the tshirt IMO.

I want one!

·
Registered
172 Posts
M109R Fan said:
Nice, but you still need bigger sizes... :dontknow:
I agree...I love sleeveless T's, but there is no way I'm squeezing into an XL. Plus the sleeveless T's you have look gay. You need to get the Jersey or Fruit of the Loom brand with the bigger arm openings. Just my $0.02.

Ric

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't know how many times I have to explain this, but here goes again. I don't have any control over the size or shirts offered. I only design the artwork(so that 109 riders can have some cool designs), upload it to them, and mark it up a few bucks.

Sizes go up to 2-3XL in most shirt styles. Can't do anymore than that, except maybe suggest a diet..........

·
Registered
172 Posts
BlkM109r said:
Don't know how many times I have to explain this, but here goes again. I don't have any control over the size or shirts offered. I only design the artwork(so that 109 riders can have some cool designs), upload it to them, and mark it up a few bucks.

Sizes go up to 2-3XL in most shirt styles. Can't do anymore than that, except maybe suggest a diet..........
Or.........how about suggest a different shirt, like I did to you. Are they not open for suggestions? By the way me not being able to fit into an XL doesn't mean I'm fat bro. :bigthumbsup:

G

·
BlkM109r said:

How about I suggest a new company to deal with? Companies should catter to the customers not the other way around, and if we like big comfy shirts so be it...
Lamont where are your shirts? I am sure he will catter to the customer...
Â
:verymad:

Oh, and by the way I have already purchased a shirt from your/their company and the quality and finish has a lot to be desired...
Your designs are great, but what they do to get it on the shirts is not... Feels like you are wearing a piece of cardboard in front of you...

::)

·
Registered
172 Posts
M109R Fan said:
How about I suggest a new company to deal with? Companies should catter to the customers not the other way around, and if we like big comfy shirts so be it...
Lamont where are your shirts? I am sure he will catter to the customer...

:verymad:

Oh, and by the way I have already purchased a shirt from your/their company and the quality and finish has a lot to be desired...
Your designs are great, but what they do to get it on the shirts is not... Feels like you are wearing a piece of cardboard in front of you...

::)
I was a little surprised by the comment of the artist. I would've expected some empathy on his part instead of "Go on a diet and the shirt will fit" routine. If it were me I would be making suggestions to my supplier to try and please my customers. Oh well...must be nice to be independently wealthy and not give a S*&#T.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
clone1008 said:
I was a little surprised by the comment of the artist. I would've expected some empathy on his part instead of "Go on a diet and the shirt will fit" routine. If it were me I would be making suggestions to my supplier to try and please my customers. Oh well...must be nice to be independently wealthy and not give a S*&#T.
In Dan's defense (the artist), I can see his predicament and I understand how his hands are tied because I'm familiar with the way Cafe Press does things and who they cater to. Cafe Press is meant for small businesses that want to be able to sell lots of different products with a given design without having to have a large amount of those items made, and instead want to get these items made one at a time as needed. Sure it is a LOT more expensive per shirt (dealer cost) than if he had hundreds printed up at a time from a traditional t-shirt supplier and had to spend thousands of $$ up front for the initial order. Using Cafe Press he doesn't have to spend any money up front and take a risk in buying huge amounts of inventory that may or may not sell. The drawback is that he doesn't have as much control over the products as he would like and he doesn't make as much profit per shirt (his cost on a Cafe Press shirt will likely be in the neighborhood of $15/shirt, having them done the other way he can get them printed for maybe $6/shirt). Cafe Press sells shirts for many 1000's of different small company's so one guy telling them they need to offer larger sizes probably will fall on deaf ears. It's called supply and demand. They surely don't get enough demand for really big sizes to offer them as another option. So Dan can offer us cool products that are professionally designed without having to outlay a lot of cash himself. You say he's rich, but I think just the opposite is true. If he WERE rich then he could afford to risk buying thousands of shirts and get them exactly like he wants them, but since he doesn't, he has to have them made one at a time and deal with the limitations of doing it that way and making a lot less money on them. I agree that the quality of the shirts are less than optimal (I bought 4 of these shirts myself), and the shirts are basically fed through a big inkjet printer and the images are sprayed onto the shirts as opposed to traditional silk screening that gives a much thicker, more vibrant artwork. But lets cut the guy some slack and appreciate what he's doing for us and realize that we're getting cool shirts that we wouldn't otherwise be able to get. ::) :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
172 Posts
BlackCherry said:
In Dan's defense (the artist), I can see his predicament and I understand how his hands are tied because I'm familiar with the way Cafe Press does things and who they cater to. Cafe Press is meant for small businesses that want to be able to sell lots of different products with a given design without having to have a large amount of those items made, and instead want to get these items made one at a time as needed. Sure it is a LOT more expensive per shirt (dealer cost) than if he had hundreds printed up at a time from a traditional t-shirt supplier and had to spend thousands of $$ up front for the initial order. Using Cafe Press he doesn't have to spend any money up front and take a risk in buying huge amounts of inventory that may or may not sell. The drawback is that he doesn't have as much control over the products as he would like and he doesn't make as much profit per shirt (his cost on a Cafe Press shirt will likely be in the neighborhood of $15/shirt, having them done the other way he can get them printed for maybe $6/shirt). Cafe Press sells shirts for many 1000's of different small company's so one guy telling them they need to offer larger sizes probably will fall on deaf ears. It's called supply and demand. They surely don't get enough demand for really big sizes to offer them as another option. So Dan can offer us cool products that are professionally designed without having to outlay a lot of cash himself. You say he's rich, but I think just the opposite is true. If he WERE rich then he could afford to risk buying thousands of shirts and get them exactly like he wants them, but since he doesn't, he has to have them made one at a time and deal with the limitations of doing it that way and making a lot less money on them. I agree that the quality of the shirts are less than optimal (I bought 4 of these shirts myself), and the shirts are basically fed through a big inkjet printer and the images are sprayed onto the shirts as opposed to traditional silk screening that gives a much thicker, more vibrant artwork. But lets cut the guy some slack and appreciate what he's doing for us and realize that we're getting cool shirts that we wouldn't otherwise be able to get. ::) :bigthumbsup:
This would have never got this far had "Dan Dan the T-shirt Man" been a little bit more savy on his choice of explanation. I never really thought that he was rich, it was just a figure of speech based on the attitude he gave me about why an XL may not work for me.
I'm in the retail business myself and even though you can't please everyone, I have found if you can't say something nice...it's better to say nothing at all.

G

·
BlackCherry said:
In Dan's defense (the artist), I can see his predicament and I understand how his hands are tied because I'm familiar with the way Cafe Press does things and who they cater to. Cafe Press is meant for small businesses that want to be able to sell lots of different products with a given design without having to have a large amount of those items made, and instead want to get these items made one at a time as needed. Sure it is a LOT more expensive per shirt (dealer cost) than if he had hundreds printed up at a time from a traditional t-shirt supplier and had to spend thousands of $$ up front for the initial order. Using Cafe Press he doesn't have to spend any money up front and take a risk in buying huge amounts of inventory that may or may not sell. The drawback is that he doesn't have as much control over the products as he would like and he doesn't make as much profit per shirt (his cost on a Cafe Press shirt will likely be in the neighborhood of $15/shirt, having them done the other way he can get them printed for maybe $6/shirt). Cafe Press sells shirts for many 1000's of different small company's so one guy telling them they need to offer larger sizes probably will fall on deaf ears. It's called supply and demand. They surely don't get enough demand for really big sizes to offer them as another option. So Dan can offer us cool products that are professionally designed without having to outlay a lot of cash himself. You say he's rich, but I think just the opposite is true. If he WERE rich then he could afford to risk buying thousands of shirts and get them exactly like he wants them, but since he doesn't, he has to have them made one at a time and deal with the limitations of doing it that way and making a lot less money on them. I agree that the quality of the shirts are less than optimal (I bought 4 of these shirts myself), and the shirts are basically fed through a big inkjet printer and the images are sprayed onto the shirts as opposed to traditional silk screening that gives a much thicker, more vibrant artwork. But lets cut the guy some slack and appreciate what he's doing for us and realize that we're getting cool shirts that we wouldn't otherwise be able to get. ::) :bigthumbsup:
Still does not justify his answer... I am not buying another shirt from cafe press. Not only due to size, but to quaility... :barf:

G

·
clone1008 said:
This would have never got this far had "Dan Dan the T-shirt Man" been a little bit more savy on his choice of explanation. I never really thought that he was rich, it was just a figure of speech based on the attitude he gave me about why an XL may not work for me.
I'm in the retail business myself and even though you can't please everyone, I have found if you can't say something nice...it's better to say nothing at all.
I am also in the retail business and I agree with you 100% :(

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
whoa partners...what the hell is going on here? I left for the day to go to the street machine Nats and come back to find everybody bashing me? WTF?

Does anybody ever bother to read all the way through the threads or what they say? Man, don't even know where to start so i'll just try to hit the bullet points
• said in the first post that NO they still won't do both sides on the dark shirts and Yes I'm still disappointed about it
• didn't say anybody was too fat (man what a bunch of girls here) You said you couldn't wear XL, I said they have up to 3XL and no bigger and I can't do anything about it. Like Cherry said there are literally 10's of thousands of users on that site, I have NO pull whatsoever. Literally, any where from 9-12,000 designs uploaded daily! I see it when I access the behind the scenes stuff
• yes I've told them they should carry those products, but see above
• who the hell is Dan? My name is Joe (BlkM109r)
• absolutely nothing wrong with the quality of the shirts. I've bought 8 of them myself (yes, I have to buy them too) and they were all soft as can be. M109fan, if you have a bad one then send it back, you have a 30 day money back guarantee. What's your real name? I can look up the order and see what you got so i'll know. Anyway don't like it, don't buy it and don't come to my thread bashing my stuff
• no, not rich, far from it. From the pics of everybody here's toys and houses, probably at the bottom of the list. The t-shirts aren't my job, I make very little money from it (maybe enough to make a few bike payments and a few accessories).
• started this to get some nice designs out there for me and the rest of you to have something to wear, because there was NOTHING! It was a hobby and it was fun. It is now getting old quick and I'm about a few posts away from pulling the whole thing and keeping them for me only. people here get free help from JR and others and then threaten to sue them over it. I give you great, high dollar designs for nothing and you whine about this and that and it's never good enough.
• If you want to pony up a couple thousand bucks to pay for the screens and the type of shirts you want, and handle the money and handle postage and mailing pkgs out every where then let's do it. You can sit on the stock and hope these guys order it and actually pay you. I can't do it. I stepped out on limb, spent close to a grand to buy patches and larger decals for the guys here because they all begged for them. you send a bill and now they don't want em, they don't reply, etc. etc. Luckily Hal's been working with me and he's gonna take over selling that stuff through Directline.
• I'm not selling the shirts, i can't control anything that happens there except the art. They (cafepress) are your vendor, you're buying from them. They pay me commission essentially to use my artwork on a shirt when you order it.

Sorry this is long winded and pissy but I've spent 5 hrs driving today and 8hrs in the hot sun at the car show with 2 little girls asking me when can we go home. Point is I've gone way out of my way to be nice and help people out here. I've done special requests for people, did special shirts for European guys and the Aussies even though I knew I'd only sell a few and in turn only make about $10 for a few hrs worth of work. Every bit of this cuts into my family time and riding time because I have a full time job so cut me some freakin slack. If you don't have anything nice to say......

thanks for listening, going to bed now.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Way to go Dan, umm, err I mean, Joe. LOL! :redfaced:
Like I said, these guys need to cut you some slack. I also complain that I can't get the transfers on the backs of the shirts, but I understand that your hands are tied. I for one realize the professionalism of the designs you made because you thought it was fun. I wouldn't blame you a bit if you pulled the plug on the whole thing and told these guys to try to get shirts anywhere near as cool as yours somewhere else. Good luck with that! ::)

P.S. Nice work on the patches, I love mine!!

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks man, i appreciate the support.
Glad somebody else here understands how that site works. No matter how much i try to explain it, it never comes across i guess.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Awesome designs, I'll definitely be ordering some. Thanks for the effort :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Hey Blackm109r I have a cool design suggestion

As my Friend described it as i passed him coming down a side street ( he was on my left at a stop and i had the right away)

He said it looks like the bike was shot out of a cannon and i was doing everything i could to hang on, lol, 1 was doing maybe 15mph. He was amazed on how fast it looked even though it wasn't moving fast.

So my suggestion for the "Silver Bullet" is the bike coming at you (1/4 towards). With the rider having this crazy shit eating grin on his face with flames at the rear wheel and large caliber gun with barrel rolled back(like in the bugs bunny cartoons when gun explodes in elmer fudds face) and smoking with tire tread marks coming out of it!!!!

What do you think, is it do-able????

ps of course this will only be for the fastest "Silver Bullet" For the others you will have to use a smaller caliber gun, lol :joke:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Latinrascal said:
Hey Blackm109r I have a cool design suggestion

As my Friend described it as i passed him coming down a side street ( he was on my left at a stop and i had the right away)

He said it looks like the bike was shot out of a cannon and i was doing everything i could to hang on, lol, 1 was doing maybe 15mph. He was amazed on how fast it looked even though it wasn't moving fast.

So my suggestion for the "Silver Bullet" is the bike coming at you (1/4 towards). With the rider having this crazy sheet eating grin on his face with flames at the rear wheel and large caliber gun with barrel rolled back(like in the bugs bunny cartoons when gun explodes in elmer fudds face) and smoking with tire tread marks coming out of it!!!!

What do you think, is it do-able????

ps of course this will only be for the fastest "Silver Bullet" For the others you will have to use a smaller caliber gun, lol :joke:
I like the idea just with the mental picture I have of it. Oh and BlkM109R, I would like to second the vote that you look for another manufacturer for your goods. I like the shirts I have, but there are companies out there that carry a wider range of sizes / styles and colors to print your designs on. It would probably be a better business move for you, the more choices you give potential customers, the more likely they are to find something they "just can do without". Just my $0.02.

Dalton

1 - 20 of 25 Posts