M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations on a good motorcycle disk lock and/or alarm. What are you guys using out there? Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I used a disk lock some years ago while going to college in Phoenix. I guess it worked but I took off soooooo many times with it on and caused lots of damage to my bike. I guess I was too excited to get get on and ride. They have some with an attached cable that is long enough you can wrap around your throttle or ignition as a reminder. Personally, I'd consider an alarm, but wondering what's being used out there that works, doesn't work, and how effective they really are, etc... :dontknow:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, looking at some alarms as well.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Scorpion Alarm w/ Proximity Sensor

Well, first of all, have you considered using your fork lock on your bike. That would be equal to the effectiveness of a disk lock IMO. In addition, I would look at adding an alarm system with a proximity/perimeter sensor. Scorpion makes some very good bike alarms. I have one on my 9. It was very easy to install. I am going to add the proximity/perimeter sensor within the next month, which only costs an additional $25 to $30 direct from Scorpion. The one I bought did not come with it, but they have a model that does. Just google "scorpion motorcycle alarms", or just "scorpion alarms", and you will see many links to all of the models. The cost should range from around $140 to $500 depending on the level of protection and features offered for each model.

Good luck.

·
Registered
211 Posts

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Alrams arnt worth ****! how many times have you heard an alarm go off in a car park and do nothing? just look and keep walking .

id go the disc lock myself.

·
Registered
211 Posts
But if I'm within 1/2 mile of my bike and it goes off I'm alerted and I go check on my bike. Also in my town if an alarm is going off people will look and call the cops if it doesn't look right.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thats why I pay my insurance, if stole i get the value of the bike plus 5k for extras and then I will go and by another one for cash.

·
Registered
342 Posts
as long as you remember to take it off. a master lock thru the rear brake rotor and fork lock the bike will have to be lifted to go any where :bigthumbsup:ride safe

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
But if I'm within 1/2 mile of my bike and it goes off I'm alerted and I go check on my bike. Also in my town if an alarm is going off people will look and call the cops if it doesn't look right.
:agree: I don't know about any of you guys, but whenever I go somewhere on my bike, and I decide to park it. I am not ever more than a 1/2 mile away from it. Therefore, if something does happen and the alarm goes off I am right there is close proximity to respond. The good thing about some of the Scorpion alarms is that they come with a Remote that acts as a pager which you can set up to vibrate and/or alert you audibly whenever someone has tampered with your bike. I think it is a good security feature to have on your bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts