M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time, first time...I stopped by the dealership close to my work yesterday to look again at the m109. Not ready to buy yet...waiting to get a bit more capital... but I didn't like the attitude of the dealer. Looking for recommendations for a good dealership in Texas. I live in the Houston area, but will travel for the right deal. Anyone have suggestions? Just looking for a good ride and want to get it from the right place.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Lots of guys been posting from the Houston area. I am sure you will get some suggestions from them... I am in Texas but wayy north of you..

khrome

·
Registered
176 Posts
No sure if you're will to take a ride to Austin but here is my sales guy - I would buy from him again. The dealership is Woods Fun Center 512-459-3311 saleman name and # is Gene Ross 512-507-8735 (i think this is his cell #).

They are about the nicest dealership I have ever been in and answered all of my questions. Of course the bike was over filled on the oil but they fixed that soon as I found it. You're about 3 hours away.

Here's their web site

www.woodsfuncenter.com

You buy from them and the owner comes and sits with you to make sure everything is okay.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I bought mine at Suzuki of Tomball Hwy 2920...  Really easy to deal with, and they will take the time to get things right...  Hope this helps, just google for the directions...

Spankster

·
Registered
31 Posts
First post guys, so go easy....

I got the "you're not serious, so I can't waste my time with you" treatment from the Tomball Suzuki guy (owner?). Problem was, I WAS serious so I went where they seem to care about bike buyers: Cycle Shack North in Conroe.

It's a bit of a drive, but well worth the trip. I got several hundred off the price and the full 48 mo warranty thrown in to boot. Maybe not a FANTASTIC deal, but good enough for me. I bought the blurple one they had in the crate. Best of all they treated me like a CUSTOMER and not a PITA.

Google them and talk to Travis. Great experience.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I actually bought mine @ Woods Fun Center in ATX as well. The guys really didn't know much about the bike and I brought more info I had researched online but they were very good with working with me on the paperwork. But unless you buy their $1300 VIP maintenance plan you have to wait in line to get maintenance done afterwards.

I've heard that Power Sports Center in Killeen, TX is pretty good, but I haven't gone there myself. After I tried getting maintenance done at CENTEX Power Sports in Georgetown, TX I got my brand new bike back with some brand new scratches like they let it fall against something so I can't recommend them as I won't be going back.

·
Registered
25 Posts
About 4 hours north of you is Greenville Powersports, in Greenville Texas. They had all 3 colors the other day, looking at high 11's on price probably. I would check with them before driving there.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I called every dealer in the city of Houston and surrounding to see what kind of deal they were willing to make on the phone to start with ......Not one would really budge from MSRP but the Conroe dealer(came off sticker a couple of hundred) UNTIL ......I called out to the COLUMBUS CYCLE SHOP out in Columbus (obviously) Wade and Charlie were both excellent and the young tech that built my bike , Travis was well aware of the 109 issues like the overfill and the spanner wrench missing........great deal, great service, every person there HIGHLY recommendable from my experience.

I will definitely go back to them again.....couldnt be more pleased, check them out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
When I got my M50 in '05, I went to the closest dealers first. That would be Killeen, Georgetown, and Austin. Georgetown was not only the cheapest out of those 3, but the cheapest out of everyone I called/emailed (over 20 dealers). They were $600 cheaper than Woods FC and $700 cheaper than Killeen. Both Killeen and Austin said they'd beat any price, but when I told them what Georgetown's price was, they were done dealing with me. Also, Killeen has the soldiers there to sell to. They know they don't have to lower their prices because their's going to be a soldier stationed there that will pay what they want. I live in Belton, about 15-20 miles from the Killeen dealer, and that's the way they've always been. I used to go to College Station to buy my dirt bikes because they just wouldn't come down on their prices.

As far as service at Georgetown... I took my M50 in to do the 600 mile maintenance. Everything went great. No problems at all. I've never been back since then for maint. because I do all of it myself after the 600.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Got $12,700 drive out from Tejas Yamaha Suzuki in Highlands (east of Houston on I-10).
Just be sure to shop drive out pricing as dealers will "play" with freight and set up charges to make back what they gave on MSRP.

·
Registered
119 Posts
A week ago my dealer had one silver one on the showroom. $12,400 plus or minus out the door. My experience w my purchase was better than average. No regrets!!

www.alamocycleplex.com

Straight shot from H-Town just down I-10...Good Luck on your purchase. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Jon,at stubbs cycles on telephone was very helpful in the questions and answers and thruough the closing of the sale.Drove mine out for $12,800.I had a bad experience at another dealer(not Suzuki)and he was a no non sense.He has black and silver.The phone number is 713-644-7535.Hope this helps.

G

·
I know it's not Texas, but I buy all my toys at Wheeler Powersports in Fort Smith, Arkansas. I'm like royalty in there, lol.

·
Registered
593 Posts
stormriders109 said:
Jon,at stubbs cycles on telephone was very helpful in the questions and answers and thruough the closing of the sale.Drove mine out for $12,800.I had a bad experience at another dealer(not Suzuki)and he was a no non sense.He has black and silver.The phone number is 713-644-7535.Hope this helps.
I too bought my 109 from Stubbs on Telephone and was taken care of. As far as John goes aka porkchop he doen't get real aggressive on follow up calls. They are a good dealer, remembering this is my 2nd 109. The first one came from Stubbs and it overheated before I got it home. I called John the next morning and he turned me on to Brian the sales manager. They had a another brand new 109 in the crate and in my hands that evening-NO B.S. $12.900 OTD with %20 off of apparel the day of the purchase. give them a call

1 - 16 of 16 Posts