M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been running a Shayne side plate for 3 years and decided to change to a rear mounted one....no particular reason just bored :D.

I haven't ordered anything from DLP in quite a while because I am basically done with my bike.

I ordered this plate from DLP Wednesday morning using the internet:
http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=6432&str=290

I called back later to see if it was in stock and the representative told me he would check and then call me back. A little while later, he called me and said it was in stock and they would ship it on out. He said I should have it by Monday. I got home from work today (Saturday) and it was already here.

Great service DLP! Ordered Wednesdand and got it Saturday :bigthumbsup:

Here are a few pics of the plate/bike. I do like the way the polished hub and wheel are more visible.

·
Registered
209 Posts
:bigthumbsup: Looks great Bobby... Moving it to the back really does open up and show off the rear wheel and Hub.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Looks good Bro! :bigthumbsup: man, I need your polishing skills. Your hub looks chrome. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Nice to hear some Positve Feedback ! i switched to the Rear mount last summer and havent thought twice about it since ,

Your bike looks Awsome :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
I am a sidemount kinda guy (no pun intended) but I am starting to believe that it really doesnt matter where its at on the 9.... ITS ALL GOOD ! :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup: Looks great Bobby!

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
Looks great, your bike is beautiful!!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the kind words, fellas. I also wanted to make a point of the exceptional service DLP provided.

:congrats: nice looking bike like the clean stock look. like the paint scheme.very nice:bigthumbsup: ride safe
Thanks...although I'm not sure what you mean by "stock"....I don't think I have much on my bike that is stocl....LOL. I get alot of compliments on the paint job. I have been thinking of changing it up, too. I have had it for a few years and think I am ready for something new.

Looks good Bro! :bigthumbsup: man, I need your polishing skills. Your hub looks chrome. :bigthumbsup:
Thanks, Demetri. Anytime you want some help polishing let me know. We really aren't that far from each other.

Bobby, Looking good bro! Are thos KewlMetel signals?
No. I thought about getting them but they were too $$$. They are Kuryakyn. I have had them 3+ years on my bike and they still look great.

EVEN BETTER CLOSE UP ! Looks great
Thanks Lee. I think that is true of alot of the "Georgia Riders" bikes. We have alot of sharp bikes in our pack! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Bobby honestly I like it WAAAAAY better than the side mount. I actually have a $130.00 Shayne sideplate that has G.R. stamped on it and I've never used it. What I don't like about the sideplates are how the bike's look from behind unless you have the air ride suspension and you can slam it down.

With your high stock riding position you could always see your rear turn signal mounting brackets when riding behind you. I think this will finish off the rear view of you bike and it will look even better going down the road! :bigthumbsup:

Plus now all the HD riders we pass will really be able to see your vanity plate! :doorag:

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
With your high stock riding position you could always see your rear turn signal mounting brackets when riding behind you. I think this will finish off the rear view of you bike and it will look even better going down the road! :bigthumbsup:

Plus now all the HD riders we pass will really be able to see your vanity plate! :doorag:
I had no problem with my side plate....just changing up the bike a little.

This mod was cheap and easy......just like I like my women! :joke:

The fact that my vanity plate is more visible and easier to read was the main reason I moved it.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
This mod was cheap and easy......just like I like my women! :joke:

The fact that my vanity plate is more visible and easier to read was the main reason I moved it.
Yeah it's looking good Bro!.....................I think I need to have a chat with your wife however! :eek:.............:joke:

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
glad to hear that they got something right over there!!:bigthumbsup:

bike looks great man!
I have never had a problem with DLP but hadn't ordered from them in a long time....I'm glad I had a positive experience and hope they can keep up the good work.

Thanks for the kind words. Your bike is :bad2thebone:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Your lucky. I ordered bones last friday, got the email this thursday that it was just leaving the warehouse and I wont get it till tuesday. over 1.5 weeks for delivery :cus:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts