M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2007 M109 and had a few questions:

Is there a replacement for the plastic cover that holds the instrument cluster made of metal? Is there also a metal replacement available for the fairing over the headlight?

Is there a windshield that will attach to the bike even with the headlight fairing? Any recommendations on where I could go about getting one?

Any input would be appreciated - thank you.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I recently bought a 2007 M109 and had a few questions:

Is there a replacement for the plastic cover that holds the instrument cluster made of metal? Is there also a metal replacement available for the fairing over the headlight?
Negative on both unless you want to replace the headlight nacelle completely. Personally I think it distinguishes the bike from others therefore I would not change it.

Is there a windshield that will attach to the bike even with the headlight fairing? Any recommendations on where I could go about getting one?
Yes, windshield options are available from the site sponsor: http://www.directlineparts.com/byProduct.asp?prd=Windshields&str=290

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
75 Posts
K7 accessories

Hi - good choice with the new bike

There are plenty of after market accessories available - check out the Suzuki OEM screen and engine guards - these items look pretty neat (ie I have them on my K7) and the engine guards really work - but looks are a matter of taste

Re replacing plastic parts with metal - the bikes heavy enough already!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Their are lots of windshields for the 109.I put a Suzuki sport windshield on my wife's bike.Bought it off eBay Brand new for $225.00.The shield works great.You can search windshield for lots of pic's on other brands.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I agree that metal makes the bike heavier and only Harley guys are into more weight for more metal. I like the V-Stream touring. To me me it better preserves the look of the bike. Unfortunately, people over 6'1" have complained of buffeting at speed with this wind shield. Score one for the little guy. I'm 5'10" and have seen 120mph with no problems.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
:congrats: and :welcome:to the board. you will find that this board will provide a ton of valuable information.

which part of chicago are you located at?

there will be a upcoming "haunted" motorcycle ride which benefits the La Rabida Children's Hospital in a couple of weeks. i will be posting up info in the local chapters section of the forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts