Maybe it's just me, but I didn't like the sound of my stock system with the 8 holes in the end caps. Removing the 3 internal baffles sounded great, so I thought I'd drill the end caps too, as so many have done. It was just too blatty for my taste. So after much thought, I made new end plates out of some 1/8 inch aluminum plate I had, and attached them with ss sheet metal screws (with blue locktite of course). This worked great, and they sound perfect to me. Of course they were both different sizes and shapes, but they fit after a while. I don't think anyone would ever notice, and I can always change my mind, which I've been known to do!