M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
I think you wanted to compare the vrod with the M109...?

The first mistake you do is to give too much about numbers.
The question is, does the bike SPEAK to you? Does it have character?
What do you want to have and ride?

I wanted a cruiser that could take my weight and has modern motor and braking equipment.
I have NEVER seen such good brakes on any cruiser as the M109 has, so the brakeing results of that site MUST be wrong!
The brakes are what make this bike controllable and safe!

Besides I do not care about the Vrod. The Vrod is a fine machine, but it just is not my piece of cake. It does not have style.
The M109R is something new in composing future styling, cruiser lines and modern bike technology in one package and I tell you, this package ROCKS!

Now you can go and pay 10000 $ more than necessary for the bike you like.
And if it comes to performance...see you on the street!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks like the M109R for me after going to this site=
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx?ArticleID=3523&Page=1

and reviewing the 07 v-rods They don't look as good as the 109 and at $15000 for basic rod and $17000 & $20000 for the other upscale if you call them that models?
I can take the left over $2500 to $4500 and do the M109 up right. So after compairng the two,
07 M109r & 07 V-rods my money will go toward the purchase of the 07 m109r.. :bigthumbsup:

Thank you guys for the input and advice mucho appreciated HYMAN

·
Registered
4 Posts
doing more research on a future bike purchase and i know the vrod is a more expensive bike was comparing it to the vrod and found this insightful link=

HWYMAN

Before anyone buys a Rod, I would strongly suggest a test ride. I was looking strongly in that dirrection in 04, so went for a ride. Had a pretty fair side wind that day, and without any question at all, the Rod was the worst, by far, in the wind of anything I have ever ridden. In fact, would have recommended they melt the thing down and turn it back into pop cans.

Last fall, took another demo ride. The guy that got off the bike ahead of me stated, "this thing handles like sh#@ ridding east and west",....which was again, a good side wing. Five seconds into the ride I knew he was right!

This was a diferent Rod, year newer than before. The front end danced in the wind like a drunken sailor.

Yup, 40 years of riding and it was the worst!

Barry

·
Registered
141 Posts
Saw a Sreamin Eagle V-Rod tonight that looked pretty cool....That is until I read the sticker...$27k plus change.....I dont fkin think so......

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I looked at a Vrod...and it looks good , but wew... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ..I sat on it...it doesn't feel substantial to me . I grant it for it's looks...a little on the
mechanical side...not as flowing as the 109.

I saw one that was chromed out...did I say it looked good....braded brake lines look good....hint hint Suzuki

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had been wanting a VRod ever since they came out, but refused to pay over MSRP. I visited multiple Harley shops in various States, since I used to travel a lot in my job. They all wanted $2,000 to $3,000 more than list, so I backed off. I even had my office (in home) decorated with VRod posters. Then in '05, I had a chance to ride one in Daytona. I was even lucky enough to get the screaming eagle (they only had one at the demo). Yes, it was very fast, but I did not like the forward foot controls at all. I suppose that I would have gotten use to it, but I figured for @ $17,000 - $20,000 plus new pipes that I wanted a better fit. After 30 different rides in '06 Daytona, the 109 just blew me away. It was no contest.

Proud Burple Owner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts