M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know exactly what I need as far as tools go, to take the rear wheel off. If so, could you give me specific instructions on how to remove it. I know the manual gives some info, but I would rather hear it from somebody who knows.Thanks for any help.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
silverbird said:
Does anyone know exactly what I need as far as tools go, to take the rear wheel off. If so, could you give me specific instructions on how to remove it. I know the manual gives some info, but I would rather hear it from somebody who knows.Thanks for any help.
You need to pull the cotter pin and take off the nut with a big cresent wrench or the right sizt wrench. If the axle spins to can put the head of a 1/2" bolt in the end of the axle and hold that from spinning with a pair of visegrips and then you just slide the axle out and move the brake out of the way and pull the wheel. It's pretty simple deal.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I got a nail thru my rear tyre. Got the bike up and removed the rear wheel OK but needed more height to get the wheel out. Ended up removing tne shaft drive to make space. Repaired it with a mushroom plug, no problem.
It took forever to line up the shaft drive before the splines would engage. Once I started the motor and pulled the clutch in it just dropped in. Did I fluke it? Anyway , saved myself the price of a new tyre right away.
Have to save up for a 250.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts