M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered Hal's plate relo bracket and I keep reading about everyone using the existing reflector brackets for the new turn signal mounts but my bike has no reflector brackets there. I saw some chrome brackets on Direct Parts that you can mount the bullet lights to. Do you have to make new holes for this?

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
WRAITH said:
I just ordered Hal's plate relo bracket and I keep reading about everyone using the existing reflector brackets for the new turn signal mounts but my bike has no reflector brackets there. I saw some chrome brackets on Direct Parts that you can mount the bullet lights to. Do you have to make new holes for this?
Look under your fender and see if there is a threaded hole midway between the two fender rail bolts holes. Bikes produced for the US market have reflectors while bikes for the foreign market won't have reflectors but should at least have the 10mm bolt hole.

This is a home brewed bracket for relocating the stock lights to the original location of the reflector bracket and uses the OEM 10 mm bolt and hole!

Go to the Tech Board and look for the post on"Relocation of Stock Tail Lights" and you'll find some additional photos which may be helpful!

·
Registered
592 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
I just bought the chrome bullets and drilled and installed them into the fender struts .It's fast ,EZ , and secure
Why is the fender so far off the tire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts