M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...

Time for a new rear tire. Got my 250 E3 in the garage for $135 from DLP, looking to get it installed.

Can anyone recommend a shop in the South/West side of Chicago? If I have to I can go to the NW burbs to by my parents.

Called Willy World and they want over $100 to put it on.....I believe I read this is too much (they usually always are overpriced).

Were have you guys had yours done?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Banzai charged me 1 hr labor to do the front and rear tires which was $75. I would inmagine that just the rear would be half? They're up in Crystal Lake - bout an Hour from Lisle.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Going rate to the best of my knowledge is $65-75 for a mount and balance w/ the wheel off the bike. BUT... some places will charge you a bit more if you don't get the tire through them (since they didn't make profit on the tire).

Closer to you, I've had decent luck at Fox Valley Cycles (Honda Dealer) in South Aurora. Shouldn't be that big a hike for you.

If you're up in the NW burbs, I'd give Safety First Racing a shout (in Arlington Heights) and see if they could do it. I'm getting ready to take the B-King up there for some work...

Everything I've heard about Willy World says they suck... And... well... everything on the internet is true. (duh).

·
Registered
189 Posts
fyi... safety first is in addison now tucked back in a business section just off of north ave.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Not sure if you have a BIG-O in your area, but that is who I used and I took my wheel into them and it was only $20. Car machines will mount as long as they have the rubber covers (most should) on the feet the hold the wheel. Also if you use dyna-beads (I love em') you can skip the balance machine.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys...

Tommy, did you get a new swingarm and wheel? Did you bring them the whole bike or did you take off the rear wheel and bring it in with the new tire?

Let's go riding soon...I'd love to check out your new tire and I still have your front signal.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Changed my mind about that guy in new lenox... hard to return calls I guess. Ended up at chi-town harley. $70 to mount and balance both front and rear... dropped them off loose. Don't think they will do the labor to remove off a non-h-d bike.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Thanks guys...

Tommy, did you get a new swingarm and wheel? Did you bring them the whole bike or did you take off the rear wheel and bring it in with the new tire?

Let's go riding soon...I'd love to check out your new tire and I still have your front signal.
Just brought the wheel and the new tire. I did the mod on stock swingarm and don't worry about the front signal got new ones but thanks anyway. Hope i'll finish the bike in a week or so and we can hit the roads :bigthumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts