M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told that the biggest tire you can put on the stock rim is a 260...I just bought a 08... 109 and it has a 280 on it and it looks like the stock rim ... the question is ... do you think the 280 is safe to ride...i have been itch n to ride but kind of leary of the 280 tire...any advise would be great

Thanks to all who responds

·
Radio Active Member
27,699 Posts
I would measure the rim, you might have a 10 inch replica wheel. Guys have put 280's on a stock rim and no one has posted that it de-beaded. But by specs and fitment applications that tire is to wide to fit on the stock rim.

·
Registered
738 Posts
If its a stock rim, remember the addage:

"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I would measure the rim, you might have a 10 inch replica wheel. Guys have put 280's on a stock rim and no one has posted that it de-beaded. But by specs and fitment applications that tire is to wide to fit on the stock rim.
I am one of the guys got the 280 on stock rim i'v made more than 4000km in hot wx ( international rides ) no problems, tyre still in very good condition, think of fitting 160 in front its the same if we talk about specs and fitment. so if you got the $ go for 10 inch if not dont worry.

·
Registered
291 Posts
the tire is not new has some miles on it.....the guy i bought it from swears by it and said the 280 is the way to go.....i dont know ....call me a crrazy .....i like the look but its not to die for ...no pun intended
Mine came with a 280 metz and a 160metz on stock rims the day I got it. I like the way it drives but I will be watching how it wears close. But the bike handels nice with it so far. Granted I have no plans of rideing at 150mph. The 280 has a fair amount of clearence on both sides of the swing arm too.

·
Radio Active Member
27,699 Posts
Mine came with a 280 metz and a 160metz on stock rims the day I got it. I like the way it drives but I will be watching how it wears close. But the bike handels nice with it so far. Granted I have no plans of rideing at 150mph. The 280 has a fair amount of clearence on both sides of the swing arm too.
It will on a stock rim because it is not as wide allowing for the tire to seat properly. The 280 is tight to the swing arm on the 10 inch rim.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts