M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to my dealars to purchase a rear tire. They were having a July 4 sale. HAd a coupon for 40% any tire in stock and I was looking to get the Metz260. They didn't have in stock but were expecting delivery 2 weeks plus. I asked the manager if he would honor the coupon if I purchased/paid today. He didn't seem to have a problem then he mentioned about mixing bias and radial. I'm confused??
Questions: Is anyone runnng the Metz with their original Dunny front? Does it really matter? Was he bull$hitting me? Should you also buy a Metz or similar make to match for the front? Is there one available? . I'll probably order the Dun250 from Direct Parts and hopefully talk dealer into mounting it for free even though it wasn't purchased from them. I have three days off after the holiday next week and I just want to ride, ride, ride. (I'm glad it rained here this weekend.)  Damit again Jim.

I'm passing this website to my dealer along with Direct LIne Parts site so maybe they can get with it.

Thanks bros for your help/suggestions   .......... Ride Safe.

G

·
Yes, I have the me 880 240/40/18 and put 500 miles on it. Even ran it in the rain. I think it rides better than before, so far so good.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Then the ME880 260/40VR18 from Direct Line PArts must be also..Looks like I'll be spending some dough for a new tire tomorrow...Tks a bunch for the replies...10-4

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Any idea on what the speed rating on the stock tire is? I don't remember seeing a letter designation right off hand, and i'm too lazy to walk outside and see if there is one.

G

·
Speed rating codes and tire construction are as follows:

Example: 180/55ZR17

Z=Speed rating H=130MPH, V=149MPG, Z=149MPH+, W=168MPH, y=186MPH

R=Tire construction R=Radial B=Bias

The Metzeler 240 and 260 are Z rated 149MPH+

Have I confused you?

·
Registered
898 Posts
HalGreenlee said: