M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To All,
Just thought i would let you know the 250 Dunlop fits (snug through the hub).. got a nail in the stocker today at only 700 miles, wasnt too happy to say the least. Cost me $203 bucks mounted and balanced.. And all 10 inches of it looks sweeet.....

Casey

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
cowboy casey said:
To All,
     Just thought i would let you know the 250 Dunlop fits (snug through the hub).. got a nail in the stocker today at only 700 miles, wasnt too happy to say the least. Cost me $203 bucks mounted and balanced.. And all 10 inches of it looks sweeet.....

Casey
:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:I have one on order and am patiently waiting delivery. Got 3400 miles on the original.....I may see 4 to 4.5 K if I'm lucky.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
:nopic:

Sorry, somebody had to post it... :joke: :bigthumbsup: Seriously, I would like to see how that tire looks from the rear.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
411 Posts
when the time comes to replace the back tire, I will also go with the 250 :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
How about a ride report. How does it feel compared to the stock 240? I realize you didn't have many miles on the 240, so it may be difficult to really compare the two, but if there is anything that really stands out as far as the handling let us know.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, so far i think it handles better, I'm not sure exactly why... one of a couple things could be up..

1. i think it flattens out more than the 240 while at freeway (65 and below speeds) so it doesn't follow the grooves as much..

2. it seems more stable..

I do not do any hard cornering at high speeds but it takes slower turns better than the 240 IMO...

And finally :bigthumbsup: the 10 inches of rubber looks awesome....

·
Registered
122 Posts
Might be a dumb question, but. Do bikes have alternate tire sizes like cars do? Or does someone have a chart for recomendations on tire size vrs. rim width? Just dont want to comprimise safety with non recomended tires.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts