M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from a few hour ride and noticed i have a thin slice going all around the right side of my rear tire. The bike isnt lowered and i'm assumming the shock setting is the stock setting cause its pretty stiff. I was planning on replacing the tire anyway with the Dunnie 250 but I gotta figure out what caused this. As far as i can tell nothing is rubbing. Any ideas?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Sure sounds like you have something grooving that thing.
I'd inspect her real good before shelling out a load of cash
just to have it happen again.

Jeff / Foo

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i was thinking too...its just a little weird that its never happend before and i just noticed it after this ride.. its such a thin hairline cut thats why i'm thinking its most likely not a bolt cutting it. Could it be something from the road? metal grates on a bridge maybe?

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
thats what i was thinking too...its just a little weird that its never happend before and i just noticed it after this ride.. its such a thin hairline cut thats why i'm thinking its most likely not a bolt cutting it. Could it be something from the road? metal grates on a bridge maybe?
I`m going to ask a stupid question here but here goes!!

is your lic plate still in good shape is there any way it could have done this!! just a thought there has been some guys haveing issues with the plates cracking and catching the tire:dontknow:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
didnt even think about checking that just cause the plate has a good few inches gap between the tire but i guess its possible..idk

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
I`m going to ask a stupid question here but here goes!!

is your lic plate still in good shape is there any way it could have done this!! just a thought there has been some guys haveing issues with the plates cracking and catching the tire:dontknow:
Mine cracked/tore/ripped right one of the mounting bolts. Did not rub the tire but I just got my new plate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts