1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yup, just search darkside here an youl find it

·
Registered
249 Posts
The ride is normal kind of. The turns are different. Initial tip-in is harder but you get used to it. It's mostly about tire pressure. I run 27 to 28 PSI and that's like the sweet spot for the tire. The only other con is the rear tire tracks with ruts and the road a lot more than the motorcycle tire would. Kind of obvious because of its wider patch of contact. This is mostly only noticeable at low speeds.
The main reason I use it is the amount of mileage I get. I may get 4,000 miles out of a hard compound tire in the summertime down here in Southeast Georgia. Whereas this one I've yet to wear it out. 55,000 mi tire rated for a car that weighs 38 to 4,200 lb. With a speed rating of 168. I would have got a higher speed rating but I couldn't find one that I wanted to pay for.
I honestly couldn't care less about the way it looks. It's all about performance. Traction is out of this world. If you currently have a problem pulling the front end on your bike it will not get any better. Ask me how I know!?
It is definitely not for everyone. I mounted it to a spare wheel from my 2006 M109R to see if I like it. The only thing I'm going to change when I eventually wear this tire out is I didn't get a directional tire. So leaning to the left versus leaning to the right are different inputs but nothing to deter me from the tire.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts