M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey was just wondering if any body has played around with rear shock setting.here in ILL they must be puttin all my tax dollars in a shoe box for gov rods retirement because they sure arent spending it on the roads.think i compressed a disc yesterday.4 is the factory setting think it might be a little stiff.

G

·
I dropped mine back 1 notch. I'm not sure it's enough. I'm heading up to Americade next week, 350 miles. I think I'm going to drop it back another notch and see if it's better or worse.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was in for service yesterday and service manager said no prob.ordered one right up for me.i think the service dept is learning alot from me about this bike.not because i know much but because of all the good stuff on this site.everybody is willing to lend a hand.i told the sales manager and service manager about the site and went out to have a smoke.when i came back they were all huddled around the computer checking it out.
later

·
Registered
231 Posts
ITguy said:
I'm on setting 1. I ride solo 100% of the time and weigh roughly 205 lbs. The ride is much smoother and I haven't noticed any bottoming out, yet.
But softening it that much probably takes away from cornering control - i.e. you want a firm suspension as you roll through the corners.

Now if I could just find the perfect peg mounts - my setup on the switchblades isn't perfect for highway.

I'm thinking one up avg size riders are probably best suited at setting 3 or MAYBE 2 but only if you never go two up.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I had my service dept lower me one notch so I guess that puts me at 3 if factory is 4. I ride solo most of the time but have a light 110lb two up that rides with on the weekends. I'm about 180lbs. I think I might lower it one more notch for smoother ride. I don't think I'll be giving up too much handeling :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm 165 lbs. and ride solo most of the time. I lowered mine to 3 (after Suzuki sent me the tool), and it was a lot better. I'll ride it a few more weeks before deciding if I need to lower it more, but so far so good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts