M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an 08 LE that did not come with the tailbox cover. Anyone have a reccomendation on where I can order one from. The bike would definitely look much better without the rear seat.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I just bought an 08 LE that did not come with the tailbox cover. Anyone have a reccomendation on where I can order one from. The bike would definitely look much better without the rear seat.
Oneidasuzuki.com has them. Normally they are $160, but because you have the LE, $315.00 plus shipping.

·
Registered
595 Posts
That part is actually called the "rear seat cowl"

Check eBay for them. When a bike gets wrecked people often strip them down and sell the parts on there.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestions....can't believe a white stripe can double the price of the part. I'll start checking ebay.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions....can't believe a white stripe can double the price of the part. I'll start checking ebay.
Those lil white blue pinstripes are not cheap, I order 2 for the tailpiece for a paint job, They charged me $55 for those 2 little things LOL

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
You could also get any rear cowl and have it painted and striped. But it might not be as perfect as the OE is or even cose effective either. I guess it depends on how picky you are.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
That's completely ABSURD!!!! What is Corbin making the LE ones for them or something :mad:

I got my solid color one from Oneida back in the Spring.
All I keep hearing is how "special" their LE bikes are. Now they must pay for it :p

Since Mary has an LE, I now pray she doesn't damage her cowl :eek:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Guess you don't want mine. I was just going to give it to you. All you had to do was pay for shipping..Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Guess you don't want mine. I was just going to give it to you. All you had to do was pay for shipping..Good luck in your search.
Actually, I stopped by a bike paint store this afternoon...the painter won't be back til next week, so I don't know yet if he'll be able to match the yellow/white color. If you're still willing to give up your cowl, I am very interested.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts