M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone thought of making the rear seat into storage?Remove the material and foam and create a pouch with a zipper for storage!!!There is someone on this site that redoes seats,maybee one idea for him.Just a thought.Anyone have input?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But then your second up person would have things jabbing into there arse. :eek: :dontknow:
OK SMART ARSE let me explain.If you are riding solo which i think most of us do. I use a tank bag
to carry items.If there was a little storage were the rear seat goes i would not need the tank bag.Buy another rear seat so you would still have one if you had to carry a rider.DO YOU COMPRENDE!!!!:dontknow:

·
Radio Active Member
27,707 Posts
I did not think I was being a smart arse, I was just pointing out that a passenger might have things jabbing them in the arse. To me having the rear seat on the bike changes the look and style of it. I never have it on unless I am 2 up or carrying a tail bag. If you go this route, you may want to conceal the zipper/opening on the side that faces the back of the front seat. That way it will not look like a mod.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BUT, the back seat looks like ****. I do not like the back seat at all. The only way I can accept it on the bike, is when my sexy wifes ass is on it.
I totally agree with your comment BUT i still think there could be a way to mod it so it would cotour the fender better than the seat does. I am just really stuck on
this. By the way who redoes the seats on this site?

·
Radio Active Member
27,707 Posts
I totally agree with your comment BUT i still think there could be a way to mod it so it would cotour the fender better than the seat does. I am just really stuck on
this. By the way who redoes the seats on this site?
No one that I know of. I would just post a WTB thread in the 4 sale section.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did not think I was being a smart arse, I was just pointing out that a passenger might have things jabbing them in the arse. To me having the rear seat on the bike changes the look and style of it. I never have it on unless I am 2 up or carrying a tail bag. If you go this route, you may want to conceal the zipper/opening on the side that faces the back of the front seat. That way it will not look like a mod.
My thought is to remove all material and recontour to the fender I do not like the look of the seat either.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
I had the same idea david b. I even purchased an extra rear seat that I experimented with. It is difficult to reshape the rear seat so that it will look good with the rear fender and still allow for any storage room. I did reshape my rear seat, but then decided on using a solo luggage rack for that extra storage. I even place my tank bag on it when I don't want to just strap my extra stuff on with bungee cords. Just something to think about. If you do come up with the rear seat storage, using a zippered compartment or something, please let me know. I have another rear seat that I can modify.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
This may not have been the intent of the original poster, but this gives me an idea.

What about using the plastic base to make a tail bag.

I think I have another project on my list.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This may not have been the intent of the original poster, but this gives me an idea.

What about using the plastic base to make a tail bag.

I think I have another project on my list.
If you read my posts,that is what i was saying.Remove EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE BASE and start there.Contour the bag to the contour of the fender.I totally understand that there will not be much storage but i am not looking for much, just get rid of the tank bag on long rides.I have been thinking of this for a while and thought i would put it out here for the brains to work lol.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had the same idea david b. I even purchased an extra rear seat that I experimented with. It is difficult to reshape the rear seat so that it will look good with the rear fender and still allow for any storage room. I did reshape my rear seat, but then decided on using a solo luggage rack for that extra storage. I even place my tank bag on it when I don't want to just strap my extra stuff on with bungee cords. Just something to think about. If you do come up with the rear seat storage, using a zippered compartment or something, please let me know. I have another rear seat that I can modify.
I am looking for an xtra seat to experement with.There is a local guy that does that type of work.I will pick his brain.Maybee a mod for next winter when i have more time.Just wanted to know with thoughts were or if anyone tried it.Thanks for your input.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.