M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for recommendations for a rear seat bag: no luggage rack, no sissy bar or backrest... I'm thinking of the Nelson Rigg CL100. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Check out the Kuryakan Ultra Tour Bag on DLP I found it to be Awsome and was able to attach it to the Passenger seat with Bunges. Had to cut little knotches out of the Seat to get the bungy hooks in, but I only use the passenger seat for touring anyway. 8)

·
Registered
254 Posts
I got mine from germany. A company called Polo Motorrad. They ship worldwide so a browse through their online catalog might prove fruitful for ya.

The one I bought is called a spoiler bag. I like that it has a nice curved shape to it, similar to the lines of the 109.

Its great for a weekend bag with a capacity of about 40l (9gal) it packs plenty of gear for me. It has well designed DD straps that hook on conveniently under the side panels. Its sturdy, doesnt budge at all...

https://www.polo-motorrad.com/en/spoilerbag-big.html

A few pics...

·
Registered
319 Posts
I use this Saddlemen tailbag. It works great and holds a lot. One simple strap on each side. I used to use the reflectors to hold it on but since I removed them I have little hidden bolts under the fender that the straps loop over. It goes off and on in about a minute.

·
Registered
547 Posts
First question I have is what size bag you looking for?

·
Registered
319 Posts
I guess in hindsight, my first question should have been, "why do you need a bag?". :eek:

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
I use this Saddlemen tailbag. It works great and holds a lot. One simple strap on each side. I used to use the reflectors to hold it on but since I removed them I have little hidden bolts under the fender that the straps loop over. It goes off and on in about a minute.

Where did you find that bag?? looks like it holds a lot of cargo....i like that,on and off when you need it...:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
319 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Kuryakyn Ultra Tour - all the way :bigthumbsup:
With or without sissy bar.
Best bag out there.
Go to their site and watch video on that bag.
Than, buy yourself a Ventura Rack, which you can mount on and take of in 5 minutes flat, and you are all set.
I forgot to mention why I like this type of setup :
I hate the look of our bike with the rear seat.
This set up allows me to travel without rear seat and as soon I check in the hotel, I have my old (normal looking) bike back.
All I have to do is take off 4 screws which hold the rack.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm looking for something around 40L. I like the look of the one from Germany, Its similar (but nicer) then the Nelson Rigg bag I was looking at.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm looking for something around 40L. I like the look of the one from Germany, Its similar (but nicer) then the Nelson Rigg bag I was looking at.
Heres the same bag, different angle. I like it purely because it swallows up my tent, sleeping bag, inflatable mattress and a few other camping items with room to spare for a change of clothes and a few cans of beer. (the only thing that does not fit in are the tent poles that stick out a little)
That leaves the two external pouches free for road stuff like wallet, camera, sunglasses, maps etc...

The white patches in the photo are the reflective strips reacting to the flash on the camera.

The bag i have on top of the german tail pack is a kriega US10 pack. I keep my rain gear, puncture repair kit and first aid kit in there.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Nice, and you haven't had any trouble with the straps rubbing on your paint?
You cant really see it in the photos, but I have soft foam pads stuck to the inside surface of the straps to stand them off from the paint. The pads are only 1/8th inch thick but they do a great job of protecting the paint from the woven straps. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts