M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to install the OEM Suzuki backrest mounts directly to the OEM Suzuki rear rack without installing the backrest and leaving the rear seat cowl on the bike. Is this possible? Thx for any help

·
Registered
508 Posts
I was looking to install the OEM Suzuki backrest mounts directly to the OEM Suzuki rear rack without installing the backrest and leaving the rear seat cowl on the bike. Is this possible? Thx for any help
I have the backrest and rack. I looked at mine and it looks like the backrest mount is sandwiched between the mounting brackets and the backrest. The bolts thread into the backrest. If you had some bolts long enough to put a nut on it might work. I have attached a pic of mine. The rack that the other guys are looking at on dlp look like the way to go if you just want a rack!

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I have the setup you are asking about. Only had to buy 4 chrome locknuts and 4 wave washers. If you have any questions let me know.

Attachments

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,086 Posts
Someone posted a picture of doing just that with the stock rack, and turned the rack around so it was over the rear cowl. If you look at jglass's picture you can see how that would work. And if you used a trunk like his, it would work as a backrest too.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Mike, I saw that guys bike in VA at the meet. It came up a a angle though. I have the touring backrest just don't put it on unless I am riding someone. I love that bag as it great for a day ride. It is made by DOWCO and I use a couple on bungee cords when riding like that.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I love the look of the Cobra rack. However is there one similar that sits back farther that will allow you to install the rear seat? I'm not interested in the back rest. Just the rear seat and the luggage rack.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was hoping that i could make that work. Thx everyone and great picture jglass. I think the 9 looks so much better without bags but i'd be pretty funky without some fresh shorts for four days.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts