M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.... got the INFO regarding the Spanner that some were lookin for...... :tools:

Description : Clamp, Wrench
Part # : 09822-00003
Cost : $8.98 + TAX

It is the small one that goes in the tool kit,... I have yet to try it out.... MJM

G

·
Re: Spanner Wrench INFO

Thanks for the model number. Dealer could not seem to figure it out. When I asked all they said was, " Oh, I have no idea which one it would be" DUH! Thank you, I am going to order one tomorrow.

·
Registered
350 Posts

I don't like to make assumptions, but can I safely assume we are talking about the wrench used to adjust the rear suspension?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

whiteout said:
I don't like to make assumptions, but can I safely assume we are talking about the wrench used to adjust the rear suspension?
sorry...YES...mjm

·
Registered
665 Posts
My dealer ordered me one,at No cost! Had it sent to my home address. If you haven't used one,it takes allot of pressure,to click the pre load. I made a "cheater out of some tubing,and it fits into the tool box with the rest of the tools. I'll post a pic of it when I get time. Real simple,and saves your hands! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
890 Posts
I had asked about that in another post, and one or two of the members here told me that it's easier to do if you have a jack and raise your bike. By doing that you take the load off the shock and it's easier to adjust....mind you I haven't done it yet but the guys who told me on here are the gurus...

Devilish

·
Registered
908 Posts
Yes, it does take some pressure to move it. I did it a while back to the lowest number and like the soft ride. But why would you carry it around with your tool kit? It won't help you fix something that breaks when you're riding. Just takes up space.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hogthong...AIR takes up space in our tiny tool kit :joke: :evil:

Devilish

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Ron S said:
My dealer ordered me one,at No cost! Had it sent to my home address. If you haven't used one,it takes allot of pressure,to click the pre load. I made a "cheater out of some tubing,and it fits into the tool box with the rest of the tools. I'll post a pic of it when I get time. Real simple,and saves your hands! :bigthumbsup:
Ron....I'll save you the trouble :D

The cheater is a piece of metal conduit flattened to fit over the end on the spanner wrench...

The cheater is approximately 4 3/4 inch long and provides the extra leverage to adjust the shock :bigthumbsup:

Just slip the cheater onto the spanner and your ready to go! The wrench and cheater easily fit into your tool kit.

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
DevilishEyes109 said:
I had asked about that in another post, and one or two of the members here told me that it's easier to do if you have a jack and raise your bike. By doing that you take the load off the shock and it's easier to adjust....mind you I haven't done it yet but the guys who told me on here are the gurus...

Devilish
I'll have to try that. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Thanks,Bob! That's the ticket! I better go check my tool pouch,looks just like mine :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts